empire

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
hey my friend's pitt had puppies..14 week old blue noses. jw if anyone was interested i can find out a price, probably $3-400.

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
don't buy dogs especially pit bull ffs lets take up a collection to get your "friends" dog fixed i'm in for 25$

dont_breed_or_buy_while_shelter_pets_die_bumper_sticker-p128440347180668053z74sk_400.jpg

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
y wouldnt you buy a pit?? theyre great dogs, its not the dog its the owner.. 99% of the time. I bought my dogs, and really dont trust shelter dogs.. you dont know their past.. unless theyre very young.. and alot of shelters ask for dontations that weind up costing more than if you would have bought the pup pure bred with papers

Last edited:

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
I have a friend who got a shelter dog under his wife's suggestion as an animal lover .
Instead of following his initial idea of buying a purebred boxer for his son he listened to his wife and got a dog from a shelter and this dog was a ham just like the person at the animal shelter said...................... Now he has a son who has facial scars from when the dog snapped at the barbecue and attacked his face leaving him semi disfigured forever.

You can never tell what abuse these animals have suffered so be careful what choice you make especially when its for your kids.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
As far as pitbulls go. I have met many great pits in my time. I agree that it is all about how they were raised.
Now with that said, why do you think pitbulls are te dog of choice for drug dealers and dog fighters? The answer is bc they are the most aggressive breed of dog and it is very easy to bring out that "aggressive nature" in Pits.

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
and before pits it was rotts and before that it was dobys and before that is what shepards

regardless of what you think of the breed paying money to people who breed more and more of an already incredibly over populated dog is just adding to the fire. I am not saying adopt and xfighting pitbull and let it share a hamburger with your 4 yr old.

I am saying don't pay more money to backyard breeders who breed these dog a single penny. and while im at if im also saying dont to go to puppy mill retail store and buy the fluffy cockapoo's or whatever and send more money to the puppy mill owners who are breeding their parents to death. don't support exploitation of animals.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
and before pits it was rotts and before that it was dobys and before that is what shepards

regardless of what you think of the breed paying money to people who breed more and more of an already incredibly over populated dog is just adding to the fire. I am not saying adopt and xfighting pitbull and let it share a hamburger with your 4 yr old.

I am saying don't pay more money to backyard breeders who breed these dog a single penny. and while im at if im also saying dont to go to puppy mill retail store and buy the fluffy cockapoo's or whatever and send more money to the puppy mill owners who are breeding their parents to death. don't support exploitation of animals.

I couldn't agree more

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Pit bulls are actually named after the bull terrier which was bred for pit fighting and rat hunting , I think the actual breed is named the stafashire terrier sorry if I spelled it wrong but I believe I read this in a book once . SOmeone correct me if Im wrong.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
my brother has/we have an American Stafford terrier and he is like scrappy doo from scooby doo looking. Sweetest dog you'll ever meet, definitely depends on owner.

With that said I tried to do the right thing when I had to put my golden down and go adopt a dog. The adopting place gave me a sick dog and it died after a week. I'm all for rescuing dogs, but some of these places are scams.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Last edited:

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Can't believe what I am reading. I am sorry to hear that some of the dogs member's have adopted turned out to be sick or a bad match, that is on the shelter and partly the owner. You have to really understand the dog.

I've had 3 Pitbulls in the past all at the same time. Granted, they were farm dogs they were the best dogs I have had and by far were the easiest to train. I had them herd my chickens and chicks in the Philippines. Keep in mind I did all of this when I was 6 years old.

Absolutely any dog can be aggressive, the nature and degree of aggressiveness depend on a lot of factors both of human and breed. The good thing about the bigger dogs is they give you a warning (if you know how to look for it), little ones just snap at you. A cute little french bulldog can be very vicious. In terms of aggression Pitbulls I can tell you are NOT the most aggressive, you haven't seen a Presa Canario (sweet dog and great breed but if you have a bad one after you... you will lose guaranteed as no break stick will work I just wanted to illustrate the physical superiority of this dog to a pit).

Pitbulls (in general - there are many different types) were once the number 1 most popular dog breed in America. Rappers, Drug Dealers, etc. have turned Pitbulls into fighting machines and "protection dogs" because they recognized the physical power of the dog but more importantly the degree of loyalty they have towards the owner or sticking to a specific goal. Furthermore just the way they are made makes for a very intimidating dog large head which enables more muscle for a bite hold and also the muscular appearance due to it's short hair. Anyway bottom line, it is mostly in the training of the dog that matters.

I worked with a Pitbull recently who was pulled from Animal Control. His back story was he was used as a "guard dog," I suspect dog fighting or some other criminal reason. This dog was absolutely massive and I also want to mention his previous "owners" cut his ears with scissors to get that fierce ear cropped look. He was one frustrated dog as one would imagine and extremely powerful. Everybody approached with caution but we found that the dog enjoyed exercise. Before interacting we would lure (via positive training techniques) to walks and then to the treadmill for extra workouts. In a week he became the biggest marsh mellow ever. Exercise, positive reinforcement, and socialization with cats, objects, humans, and other dogs assisted in this dogs rehabilitation. I approached him with caution at first but took it slow and now he's in a great home. This is just one Pitbull. I picked mine off the streets when I was younger. I also assisted my friend in training hers who she found on a neighbors yard- fantastic dog as well.

Now with that said, although I do have great adoration for the breed with ANY dog you MUST assess the dog first and see what drives him. When adopting a Pitbull I say take extra caution due to the reasons stated above (not knowing the history of the dog, etc.) Also assess the people that have been working with the dog you will know the difference of who actually knows what they are talking about and who doesn't. Ask them what they do for training and rehabilitation and what test have they done in terms of children and other animals.

I've worked with hundreds of different dogs and assisted in puppy mill rescue and have seen results of these breeding hell holes. Do not buy from a Puppy Store or a non certified AKC Breeder. This is for your own safety (in assessing temperament and health and your wallet) and to help stop the overwhelming amount excess dogs we have due to things such as owner surrenders, strays, etc.

Sorry for the long post... had to weigh in my 25 cents lol.

I am going to cite some examples (although popular and probably overused lol):

Sharky the Pitbull

Junior and Daddy (Who can forget this guy)

Gypsy- Pitbull rescued from Dog fighting (WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES)

K9 Training for Pitbulls

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
y wouldnt you buy a pit?? theyre great dogs, its not the dog its the owner.. 99% of the time. I bought my dogs, and really dont trust shelter dogs.. you dont know their past.. unless theyre very young.. and alot of shelters ask for dontations that weind up costing more than if you would have bought the pup pure bred with papers

1+
i had a blue nose and took him to dog shows and he was comin home with 1 place 2ed place ..but may he r.i.p

Raul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Most aggressive? No shot.....

Strong headed and devoted absolutely ...

Pits were bred to go after other animals. They would use them to bait bulls and even bears. The ones that displayed any form of aggression towards humans were usually put down instantly.

You can teach ANY breed to attack humans... That's why cops use shepards.
ANY dog breed can and will be aggressive ... I personally knew a yellow lab that scared me more than any pit I've ever been around.

If a person has never owned a pit they have no place commenting on their behavior.

Raul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
+1000

Presas can make most pits look like kitten.s.. very impressive breed...

Can't believe what I am reading. I am sorry to hear that some of the dogs member's have adopted turned out to be sick or a bad match, that is on the shelter and partly the owner. You have to really understand the dog.

I've had 3 Pitbulls in the past all at the same time. Granted, they were farm dogs they were the best dogs I have had and by far were the easiest to train. I had them herd my chickens and chicks in the Philippines. Keep in mind I did all of this when I was 6 years old.

Absolutely any dog can be aggressive, the nature and degree of aggressiveness depend on a lot of factors both of human and breed. The good thing about the bigger dogs is they give you a warning (if you know how to look for it), little ones just snap at you. A cute little french bulldog can be very vicious. In terms of aggression Pitbulls I can tell you are NOT the most aggressive, you haven't seen a Presa Canario (sweet dog and great breed but if you have a bad one after you... you will lose guaranteed as no break stick will work I just wanted to illustrate the physical superiority of this dog to a pit).

Pitbulls (in general - there are many different types) were once the number 1 most popular dog breed in America. Rappers, Drug Dealers, etc. have turned Pitbulls into fighting machines and "protection dogs" because they recognized the physical power of the dog but more importantly the degree of loyalty they have towards the owner or sticking to a specific goal. Furthermore just the way they are made makes for a very intimidating dog large head which enables more muscle for a bite hold and also the muscular appearance due to it's short hair. Anyway bottom line, it is mostly in the training of the dog that matters.

I worked with a Pitbull recently who was pulled from Animal Control. His back story was he was used as a "guard dog," I suspect dog fighting or some other criminal reason. This dog was absolutely massive and I also want to mention his previous "owners" cut his ears with scissors to get that fierce ear cropped look. He was one frustrated dog as one would imagine and extremely powerful. Everybody approached with caution but we found that the dog enjoyed exercise. Before interacting we would lure (via positive training techniques) to walks and then to the treadmill for extra workouts. In a week he became the biggest marsh mellow ever. Exercise, positive reinforcement, and socialization with cats, objects, humans, and other dogs assisted in this dogs rehabilitation. I approached him with caution at first but took it slow and now he's in a great home. This is just one Pitbull. I picked mine off the streets when I was younger. I also assisted my friend in training hers who she found on a neighbors yard- fantastic dog as well.

Now with that said, although I do have great adoration for the breed with ANY dog you MUST assess the dog first and see what drives him. When adopting a Pitbull I say take extra caution due to the reasons stated above (not knowing the history of the dog, etc.) Also assess the people that have been working with the dog you will know the difference of who actually knows what they are talking about and who doesn't. Ask them what they do for training and rehabilitation and what test have they done in terms of children and other animals.

I've worked with hundreds of different dogs and assisted in puppy mill rescue and have seen results of these breeding hell holes. Do not buy from a Puppy Store or a non certified AKC Breeder. This is for your own safety (in assessing temperament and health and your wallet) and to help stop the overwhelming amount excess dogs we have due to things such as owner surrenders, strays, etc.

Sorry for the long post... had to weigh in my 25 cents lol.

I am going to cite some examples (although popular and probably overused lol):

Sharky the Pitbull

Junior and Daddy (Who can forget this guy)

Gypsy- Pitbull rescued from Dog fighting (WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGES)

K9 Training for Pitbulls

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: