Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I bought a kit and didn't realize how much time it would take to actually get this thing working. Its built to the point where it can somewhat print a deformed cube. If anyone is interested in continuing on with the build making it neat and doing very precise calibration I will let it go for $900. It's taken me about a month just to get the thing working. It does take time and you need to run the bushings a lot before it will print accurately. It has a 12"x12" printing surface.
If you want pictures or a video pm me. Serious inquiries only please. I rather just keep it and work on it on my free time then let it go for much less than I paid for it because they sell for over $1000 fully assembled.

The kit is called the Reprap Mendel Prusa 12x12 3D printer
PRICE DROP $600 FIRM I shouldn't be taking this much of a loss on it but I really do want to get rid of it.

Attachments

• IMG-20121204-00143.jpg
    IMG-20121204-00143.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Exactly! My original plan was to start making frag racks and little things like iphone cases out of it but it's just so complex it takes months just to get the simplest parts of it working. I know for a fact I can do it. I just don't have the time and motivation as I did when I purchased it.

Soo jealous! Want one of these one day so badly! Reef builders did an article recently on top 5 aquarium based things to do with a 3d printer...brackets, pump replacement parts, etc! GLWS!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: