ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i hate to post this but sadly, my car up for sale. i have to sell it due to not being able to afford it anymore and i need something a bit larger...

2005 mitsubishi evolution VIII. 63,000 miles. daily driver. i am the second owner and bought it for $26,000 2 years ago with 46,000 miles on it. needs nothing, drives like its new. a detail at most because there are a few dings and scratches, but nothing crazy...

exterior upgrades:

JDM headlights
Carbon Fiber Exhaust Protection Ring
Carbon Fiber Plate behind the Licence plate
LED blinkers And licence plate light
Carbon Fiber Second Knob Wing on top of Rear Window

Interior Upgrades:

3 gauge pod with boost, Air Fuel Ratio, and Oil Pressure. 9 Color Sets To All Of them
8 Inch Touch Screen Radio With CD, DVD, TV, AUX, Navi, Back-up Camera, Blue Tooth, Radio, Memory Card, and USB Connector.
HKS Turbo Timer.
New BLUE or Green LED cover For all Gauges (Speedo, Rpm, Ect...) with switch from blue to green with dimmer.
Additional Bolted On 3 Added Ports.

Aftermarket Upgrades:

HKS SSQV Blow Off Valve
HKS Custom Upper Intercooler Pipe With HKS BOV Built In
AEM Intake
Stock Turbo upgraded. I Took off my stock turbo with 63,000 miles on it and put another used Evo turbo that had only 20,000 miles on it and put into my car.
B&M Short Throw Shifter With New Alum. Bushings And GREDDY 5 lbs Shift Knob.
10.5 Hot Slide o2 Hosing.
FUELAB fuel pressure Regulator. (not hooked up, brand new in box still)
Optium Yellow Cap Battery
New Motor Mount
Newer but Used with 20,000 miles on it Alternator
and a spare catylitic converter

Transmission is a long story. the quick story is a burnt up the clutch awhile back and ended up getting everything replaced for it. from clutch disk, pressure plate, throw out bearing, flywheel, slave cylinder, everything. so now the tranny parts now has about 500 miles on it because i only got it installed about 2-3 weeks weeks ago. Trans is one of the first thing to go on these cars and this car has a brand spanking new everything when it comes to the tranny.

Like i said i hate to see this car go but it has to. i love every single thing about it. very fast, runs amazing. better then a truck in the snow because it had the ACD or whatever which you can change on the run from tarmac, gravel, or snow. this car was my dream car, and i had my fun, but its time to get something cheap and easy so i can start saving for a house.

i owe on this car around $17,300 on it. so thats what i am looking to get. i cannot be low balled for it because i still owe that much. so dont offer 15,000 for it, because i cannot just come up with an extra 2 grand to pay down at the moment to get it to your price. i dont care if its a bank check or whatever. im not looking to make money off of it. im looking for a wash because i already have another vehicle comming my way in about a month, but cannot buy it until this goes, so i need it gone within a month or so.

either call or text me for more information, pics, or if you want to take a look at it. my name is ryan. my cell is 973-459-9905. you can PM me or email me [email protected]. calling to texting my cell is always fine too. let me know if you have any questions. also, i am in college most days so if i do not answer your call, please leave a message with your name and number, or just try to text me, i will usually answer back a text anytime of the day/night. thank you.

IMAG0879.jpg

IMAG0883.jpg

IMAG0882.jpg

IMAG0881.jpg

IMAG0884.jpg

IMAG0835.jpg

IMAG0834.jpg

0914092315-3.jpg

IMAG0886.jpg

video of car about 1 1/2 years ago...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS6XuS4c_rc

Last edited:

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Nothing. I ment It as me being bored and extend the word bump lol. It shows up til I bought the car on car fax. Since I got it I do my own oil changes n all cause having me do it knows I'm using the correct oil, ect... I been getting my tires rotated and all that misc stuff done by my dad who works for Honda and did it for me for free. cant beat free. and its done correctly seeing he has been a machanic for....36 years now? just around that...

Sent From My HTC Incredible Using Reefs.

Last edited:

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
what car you switching over to?

i don't think i could ever sell the evo. i'm waiting for 2013 to see the evo 11 and decide if i want to go hybrid with the evo or move onto something else. I really want a SUPERCAR like a NSX, GTR R34 or lotus elise. I think the wife might be more inclined for a luxury car though.

sorry for the jack. BUMP for a sick car!

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Trust me man, I really really do not want to sell it, because I f'in love my evo. But times are real hard with money. I'm right now looking at an 07 jeep Cherokee srt8. If I decide that's too much I'm also looking at the new mitsubishi outlander sport gt. It's cheap and kind of nice. Or a normal new outlander.

If I ever get a good job with some good money, I'm getting a new evo. My dream would be a gtr, but that will never happen. Or maybe something fun to work on like a 93 supra single turbo, or a rx-7, g34, or something of that nature. I don't know...one day. Right now, need to get rid of her first.

stage3-S4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Eh, Had an 05 STI and an EVO VIII fun cars, but still a cheap jap econo box. Dont really really miss it. Ever since I started buying European cars, the Jap cars don't really do it for me anymore with the exception of the GTR. I'm with you on the GTR, its just an amazing car, especially for the price. Buddy of mine ran a 10.1@133 with just some bolt ons. Cant beat that bang for the buck. I'm sure he will go 9s soon. I have seen a few on the forums for around 58-60 grand which is not bad. Give it a few years and they will be dipping down to the 40s. Just save up brother. I know I will be. Good luck with the sale, get out while you can. These cars aren't worth **** anymore.

ryangrieder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Rickytsui, my evo gets about 15-16. Srt8 is about 18. My buddy has one and barely ever gets on it, and highest he got it up to was 22mpg.

Albano, I get good price quotes when my girlfriends grandparents and family owns Leo Kaytes ford lol. Every one who works there is pretty much family. Leo Kaytes is my girlfriends grandpa.

Stage3- s4, I'm kind of the opposite. I went from European to my evo and I never want to go back. I used to have an Audi a4. It was ok,but broke all the time, and slowwww. I love my evo. It might not be the fastest, only doing around 12's but I dont care. It's comfertible, fun, enjoyable, eye turner, handles amazing, flys in the snow, and has been by far my favorite car I have ever owned. But the gtr... Ohh man. If I ever had those keys, oh boy, I'd be in jail lol. My grandpa works for Ramsey Nissan. I've been behind the wheel of one, but did not go farther then the parking lot...boo. Lol.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
i would say if you are single. I'd go for a g35 coupe. the 04-05 are around 12-14k right now just make sure low mileage and type of owner. I wouldn't mind buying a beater but I plan on saving up until 2013 and buy the cars mentioned.

evolutionm.net
tristatetuners.com
tristateevo.com

and last would suggest craigslist.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: