jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
I needed some help undecided on which camera to buy a canon eos rebel xti with stock 18-55mm lens or a nikon d60 with upgraded 55-200mm lens. Anyone familiar with cameras that can chimme in would be much appreciated. As I have no experience with this field. Thanks

Levito

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
IMO, really it's just personal preference. Both cameras likely have the features you need whether it's aperture variation, shutter speed control, large ISO range, WB bracketing, etc. It's really all about the lenses. Get whichever camera you can get a better deal on and spend the difference on nice fast lenses. The quality of your pictures will be affected 100x more by the lens than the camera.

Kendall

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I couldn't decide between the 2 either. After reading and reading and reading, I got so confused I was paralized. I decided to go to http://www.wholesalephoto.com/ I used to live close to them and knew they were still there.They stock both brands, and for my needs he recommended the Nikon. I don't know where you are in NJ, but might be worth the ride, or at the least a phone call. Their prices were the same as online prices too.

lee van cleef

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a Photography student at SVA and I 100% agree with Levito. They're both good cameras but it's all about the lenses. Nikon has a little better image quality at higher ISOs, but you might not even notice.

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
I couldn't decide between the 2 either. After reading and reading and reading, I got so confused I was paralized. I decided to go to http://www.wholesalephoto.com/ I used to live close to them and knew they were still there.They stock both brands, and for my needs he recommended the Nikon. I don't know where you are in NJ, but might be worth the ride, or at the least a phone call. Their prices were the same as online prices too.
thanks for the info will probably check em out although i already have those 2 models i mentioned on hold gonna check out the nikon tomorrow

Reef Reaper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I have the nikon digital dslr, but I have also used both nikon and canon (old format :film). I really liked canon better, but at the store the nikon felt better in my hands. That is the only real reason I chooose nikon over canon. Price was about the same.

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
Yea that's the exact one I was lookin at with same lens do you have any pics you could post up or a link to your pics
JR here some pics taken last month when we went to Florida to Disney! This was the first time taking pictures. Still alot to learn.
Florida_May_2011274.jpg

Florida_May_2011314.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: