dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Has anyone had any issues with the tire sensor valves?? One doesn't seem to be working and now the caps don't come off!! I got some nice silver caps and they seem stuck. Not trying to force it out since I hear they can get damaged.

Any idea how to remove them and where I can get or replace the sensors.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
soak them with wd 40 they are aluminum and become bonded to the valves, and by not working what do you mean is the tpms light on ? and cant remember if nissans tells which tire it is

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Just broke the sensors !!!!! They are so delicate!! But I was able to save the other three sensors some what. I removed all the caps and changed it with plastic caps. The one I broke I tried using a wrench to remove. Then I figured I will use a small circular saw and it work however the threading is gone... Lol this was a lesson learned. I only need to replace one sensor the rest don't need to be changed now but will later on since the threading is gone. And yes my Nissan tells me what tires has low pressure.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
the new sensor will have to be programmed at a dealership btw, i weigh your option even though the sensor might cost more from the dealership, they might re-program it for free if bought and installed there as opposed to buying a after market one and having to go to the dealership and being charged to program it

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
They will not program sensor for free .
Yes it shows psi on dash not the location of the tire if they were rotated the psi can show up anywhere on screen .
The sensors are over $100.00 each.
Stay away from fancy metal caps as metel and alluminun lock themselves together.
Just put on plastic caps and you wont have the problem.
If you dont mind the light on just install regular valves.

batt600

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90%
27   3   0
You need to put a sensor back in the tpms work with the vehicle stability system so if it not reading one your VSS wont work . You can go to a firestone thay have the tool to program the tpms sensor to your car and thay wont charge you to program it.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
So firestone doesn't program but will install. I visited and call a few stealerahips and got too many outrages quotes... Here is the pricing formula i was given on more than one place.

$103 per hour per tire for valve and same formula for programing. So this job is gonna cost me the same or more that what I paid for the new tires??!!

I'm I the only experiencing this?!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: