Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
Was cleaning out my attic, and came across these memorial certificates when I served Uncle Sam as a US Marine Corps!

Wall of Fame!
USMC_Wall.jpg

First enlisted
USMC_Accept.jpg

Recon School
USMC_Recon.jpg

Purple Heart
USMC_PH.jpg

Honorable Discharge
USMC_Honor.jpg

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
thanks for the service, hang those with pride!

my father has a bunch of medals, never says a word about them, and the few times i casually brought them up the conversation gets squashed instantly!

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
thanks for the service, hang those with pride!

my father has a bunch of medals, never says a word about them, and the few times i casually brought them up the conversation gets squashed instantly!

thank you johnny. we spoke the other day, i don't remember if i said that to you.

thirty6, was your dad in vietnam? my father is the exactly the same. he doesn't talk about it. he goes to the VA twice a month. 100% disabled. not a life i envy at all but that was the price for him/us. i found out about his medals when i found them in a box in the attic when i was a kid. he didnt explain any of them then or now.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
thank you johnny. we spoke the other day, i don't remember if i said that to you.

thirty6, was your dad in vietnam? my father is the exactly the same. he doesn't talk about it. he goes to the VA twice a month. 100% disabled. not a life i envy at all but that was the price for him/us. i found out about his medals when i found them in a box in the attic when i was a kid. he didnt explain any of them then or now.

Yes he was, I believe 67/68. Same with me, I recently did a google search to try and identify some of medals. Tried to acquire from army but they basically said info available with death certificate. Thankfully my dad is alive and well.

One of his platoon lt.'s sent and pics few years ago. I opened as we same name. I looked at them gave the letter and pics to my dad who ripped them up and walked away..... Must have been a miserable experience, but to this day the only true regret I have is not having served in a branch of the military.

Wolverine57

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.4%
246   4   0
Yes he was, I believe 67/68. Same with me, I recently did a google search to try and identify some of medals. Tried to acquire from army but they basically said info available with death certificate. Thankfully my dad is alive and well.

One of his platoon lt.'s sent and pics few years ago. I opened as we same name. I looked at them gave the letter and pics to my dad who ripped them up and walked away..... Must have been a miserable experience, but to this day the only true regret I have is not having served in a branch of the military.
Hey at least your Dad is alive. I was fortunate in many occassions to comback home. I've lost many young soldiers from my platton, and many cameback oh mess up. Not too many of us like to talk about it. I'll still get nightmares.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: