mazon56

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Yea those umpires were making some bad we calls behind the plate. Finally alex got.a base hit and jeter Started coming around. Im not gonna lie gardner has been keeping this team alive in this series let's see what happens in game 5.

Sent from my DROIDX using Reefs

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
why cany you believe montero pinch hit for posada.the only reason why posada made the roster is because he is posada.i would have had the kid as a DH from the beginning

he looked pretty comfortable at the plate too, chewing that gum like he was a salty playoff veteran... adding onto the yankee legacy one top prospect at a time.

i dont know if he is the catcher of the future though as romine (spelling) maybe more complete player: maybe a stud pitcher in exchange for catching prosepect

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Awesome game. Gave us some life.

I can't stand Burnette, from the day they brought him to NY. However, I do recognize he's got the nastiest 12 to 6 curve in all of baseball. It's a crying shame he has no control, with consistency. Girardi gave him the hook at the perfect time last night.....thank g-d.

As for Montero ph for Posada, I questioned it at first. But you have to remember, Posada hit nothing against righties this entire year. Montero kills righties. Good move. Oh, and as far as Posada being left off the post season roster, he earned his spot beyond question. Not only did he earn it, but he has proven to be the savior this post season, along with Gardner and Grandy.

GO BOMBERS!!!!!

Russ

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Ahhh you guys are to sentimental.He didnt do anything to deserve being on the roster.if it was any other player with his stats Joe Girardi would have been strung up for wasting a roster spot.

The series at bats for a few 'notable' Yankees. Not sure how you see Posada's #'s not fitting in:

Posada 4 for 10
A-Rod 2 for 14
Tex 2 for 15
Jeter 5 for 19
Swish 3 for 15

Accept it, Jorge fits in just great. Been as dependable as any roster spot this post season.

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Montero has been pretty good so far but you can't compare a couple of months in the majors to Posada's 15+ years of experience. I'm in no way a Posada fan. Actually, I don't like him that much. But I would put him up to bat in the postseason over Montero any day.

I hope Montero isn't the future catcher for the Yankees. I was a catcher in baseball for many years and I can appreciate a really good one. Neither Posada or Montero are good catchers. I would give up the offense to have another great catcher like Molina or, even better, Sal Fasano. Remember Sal? He was one of, if not the best, catcher I have seen in the majors.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Montero has been pretty good so far but you can't compare a couple of months in the majors to Posada's 15+ years of experience. I'm in no way a Posada fan. Actually, I don't like him that much. But I would put him up to bat in the postseason over Montero any day.

I hope Montero isn't the future catcher for the Yankees. I was a catcher in baseball for many years and I can appreciate a really good one. Neither Posada or Montero are good catchers. I would give up the offense to have another great catcher like Molina or, even better, Sal Fasano. Remember Sal? He was one of, if not the best, catcher I have seen in the majors.

i def. agree with you they are offensive players: i really like what martin brings to the position and fairly quick for catcher on bases...

howze01

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Of the catchers they have now, Martin is deinitely the best defense wise. Haven't had much of a chance to see Romine but they say he's the better defensively between him and Montero. Don't foget Cervelli too. Not a bad catcher and has been pretty well offensively for the Yanks. Seemeds like when the Yanks needed it and he was up, he almost always came through.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
like i said way to sentimental.no one has asked why andrew jones hasnt been put in the series yet and they had almost the identical year except jorge has had more at bat.what would have happened if montero DH everyday yankee fans would have had a uproar.what about andrew jones instead again uproar.he is not the same jorge and this will be his last year in a baseball uniform so of course even if it meant blow the playoffs .jorge had his championships and if the yanks win the world series will get his ring so i say let the kid play

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
Leave it to A-bomb and the leaving men on Base Yankees to blow this game.Another Disappointing season for the over priced Yankees.CC is a goner in the off season and so is AJ even though he did well.Oh well.Not surprised.Russ,you'll be alright.Lol

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Leave it to A-bomb and the leaving men on Base Yankees to blow this game.Another Disappointing season for the over priced Yankees.CC is a goner in the off season and so is AJ even though he did well.Oh well.Not surprised.Russ,you'll be alright.Lol

Spoken like a true Yankee fan. :duh:

Oh, and like I've said before, my bank account reads the same now as it did before the game. And there ain't no $10 million in it. So yes, I will be very alright.

Go Bombers in '12 !!!

Russ

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
You can't win championships stranding runners.They had plenty of chances to blow it open but it was either Good Tiger Pitching or Bad Yankee hitting.Go Rangers!By the way Russ,Been a follower of the Yanks since the 70's and won't give up on them but I call it as I see it.Lot of changes in 2012 I bet.

yesjenks

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
You can't win championships stranding runners.They had plenty of chances to blow it open but it was either Good Tiger Pitching or Bad Yankee hitting.Go Rangers!By the way Russ,Been a follower of the Yanks since the 70's and won't give up on them but I call it as I see it.Lot of changes in 2012 I bet.

You won't give up on them???!!!! How many championships have you seen??!?!?!?!?!!

Unfortunatly I'm a Cubs fan. I get to say things like "I won't give up on them" not you! :wink1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: