jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I have been out of the video game world for a long time. I want to get my kids a Christmas gift but not sure on the systems. I have read a lot of reviews on both systems. I have 3 kids girl turning 6 and twin boys turning 4. Price doesnt matter. Just something that we can all use(wife included). I like the fact of Xbox Kinnect because my kids won't have anything they can throw LOL.

I am open for suggestions.

All the best,

James

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I'v had my Xbox for a year and really love it. I was a PC gamer for years, but when they started delaying game releases on the PC platform in favor of console versions, I made the switch. I never have trouble finding the games I want and never had a problem with the console. The older versions had some issues, but I have the slim version and it performs like a champ.

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
thank you

I'v had my Xbox for a year and really love it. I was a PC gamer for years, but when they started delaying game releases on the PC platform in favor of console versions, I made the switch. I never have trouble finding the games I want and never had a problem with the console. The older versions had some issues, but I have the slim version and it performs like a champ.

sounds good

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
For 3 young children go with the Wii hands down!!! Much more child friendly. Not many games out there for XBOX for young kids. Look at the games first and then decide which console to get. I have both XBOX and Wii, my girls never touch the xbox...

jf2381

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
We have both systems and my kids prefer the xbox Kinect. My kids are 10 and 6.
However, the Wii has more games that will work for your twins.
One more important thing! You have to be extra careful when loading the games in the xbox because it will chew up the games.

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
For 3 young children go with the Wii hands down!!! Much more child friendly. Not many games out there for XBOX for young kids. Look at the games first and then decide which console to get. I have both XBOX and Wii, my girls never touch the xbox...

I saw that about kid friendly games

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
We have both systems and my kids prefer the xbox Kinect. My kids are 10 and 6.
However, the Wii has more games that will work for your twins.
One more important thing! You have to be extra careful when loading the games in the xbox because it will chew up the games.

I will make sure myself or my wife will load them

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Jiggy is selling an XBOX with the kinect!!!!!

While the kinect is good. the amount of games for the wii is larger for kids. There are only so many games outside the Kinect.

You cant lose either way, but i think that Nintendo has ALWAYS been more for younger kids.

andylee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Wii for kids that age by all means! There's supposed to be a new one coming out soon, but that will tide your youngsters over for a few years easily.
You might then decide to get an Xbox or PS3 for yourself after messing around on the Wii with the kids; that's what happened to me.

DaddyReefer13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I have a 4 year old and enjoys playing his Wii. As a lot for the ppl mention there are more suitable titles on the Wii platform than the Xbox.

The only thing I do want to point out is that Nintendo will be releasing a replacement for the Wii sometime on the spring of 2012.

jdnumis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Thank you for that

I have a 4 year old and enjoys playing his Wii. As a lot for the ppl mention there are more suitable titles on the Wii platform than the Xbox.

The only thing I do want to point out is that Nintendo will be releasing a replacement for the Wii sometime on the spring of 2012.

Did your kids break the controllers and did they throw them?

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Well wii is Geared mor? towards family Game time And is a mor? respective towards children with games like wii sports and carnival games , as for Xbox it is more advanced and geared towards more adult oriented games like. Battlefield and modern warfare where profanity flies every 30 seconds lol I personally have both and I can't play my Xbox till kids are in bed lol I'm a war junkie but my kids hardly use the kinect and the wii is the one we can all use together.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
yup def go wii I love the system even for myself I originally got it because I thought it was so cool you can actually control what';s going on via your own movement. Now they came out w/ the xbox kinect and its probably a better version but it also came out like 5 or 6 years later. Personally I love my wii although I rarely get to play it but there is lots of games kids can play like mentioned as well as all the cool accessories to make it more real,tennis racket,golf clubs,diff guns,steering wheels for racing etc etc.

DaddyReefer13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Did your kids break the controllers and did they throw them?

Our Wii remotes have taken a beating but still functions. He typically does not throw it but kids are kids, he has banged it on the table, hit the couch or the wall when performing an action but the controller "takes a licking and keeps on ticking."

thirty5 said:
I have had the wii for years, and I never had a problem with my kids throwing the remotes. Just make sure that they wear the strap on their wrist.

+1 on wearing the strap.

Good luck.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: