skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
Well you can't spell paintball without the pain in it. :p

20273_278027881592_717486592_3526016_21194_n.jpg

I have a friend organizing a trip to High Velocity PB in Coram LI on Jan 8th.
http://www.hivipaintball.com/pages/home.html

If anyone is interested in playing along with a group... cause your regular friends are either too lazy or too scared to play. You've got some people that are ready to go.
So let me know so I can get a head count. I will fill you all in with further information as we get closer to the date.

Hope to see you there.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I know that you guys are out on LI, but GROUPON has a great price for a place in the Palisades Mall. I know that it is prob not as big.

For $40, you get a two-hour paintball outing for four with 450 paintballs per person (a $182 value).
The outing also includes the following for each person:

Two hours of paintball play
Gun with unlimited air
Coveralls and mask

Long Island little too far for me to travel, but I would def do it in the future maybe

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Yeah indoor games can get pretty packed in the winter months! And if speedball is your thing than indoor is worth doing, if your a predator player like me and ken connect than outside is the only place to go .

So what are you saying that you and ken look like the monster on predators??? which one of you are the one that is tied up??? LMAO

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Hahahah

I wish it was close. My buddies are all too much of wimps to play.

What if I get shot in the hand they say.
I say then it will sting like a ***** and you might get a nice bruise. Be a man!

Sent from my Piece of crap Sprint Epic

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Yeah Alex but the reality is that we still hunt the grounds for both pray and self proclaiming pros and I have been doing it for 17 years and u my friend are still wimpering from our first game also 17 years ago , step on the field and let's cash out that diamond you have forged Out of fear in your narrow chalice!!

skene

Rating - 100%
240   0   0
I know that you guys are out on LI, but GROUPON has a great price for a place in the Palisades Mall. I know that it is prob not as big.

For $40, you get a two-hour paintball outing for four with 450 paintballs per person (a $182 value).
The outing also includes the following for each person:

Two hours of paintball play
Gun with unlimited air
Coveralls and mask

Long Island little too far for me to travel, but I would def do it in the future maybe

That's a nice price geared for parents that want a babysitter for 2 hours.
You'll see how far 450 paintballs last.... (approx 2 games for noobs) not far at all. When indoors. It's a gimmick.
I used to play tournament paintball, and my team would go through approximately 20-25 cases of paint. 20x 2000 paintballs... and that would be for approx 2 full games lasting a morning and afternoon session.
When practicing I go through 1.5-2 cases.
In woodsball you'll probably go through a 1 case, which will last you a whole day if you aren't shooting too much. Less if you don't want to shoot at all.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
This is true , in tourny playing , it's really spray and pray and a ton of paint goes flying mostly cause its sponsored so players don't pay for it and in woodsball at high velocity your spending 84 bucks a case ( if you stop at the shop) and even more at the field but if your gonna avoid that waste of paint castle you will be fine , keep in mind that electro guns don't function well in 30 degree temps , it don't matter whether it is a e- tec , a mini , shocker , angel or dm - whatever number they are up to. The cold belongs to the mil spec tippmans and other companies that make those pneumatic pieces of machinery.

Last edited:

skene

Rating - 100%
240   0   0
This is true , in tourny playing , it's really spray and pray (WRONG) and a ton of paint goes flying mostly cause its sponsored (WRONG again) so players don't pay for it and in woodsball at high velocity your spending 84 bucks a case ( if you stop at the shop) (Wrong again it's $75 at the shop) and even more at the field but if your gonna avoid that waste of paint castle (agree with you there) you will be fine , keep in mind that electro guns don't function well in 30 degree temps (Cough BS) , it don't matter whether it is a e- tec , a mini , shocker , angel or dm (BS again) - whatever number they are up to. The cold belongs to the mil spec tippmans and other companies that make those pneumatic pieces of machinery(Cough Cough Cough Cough BS).

There is a lot more going in tournament playing than spray and pray. It's more about getting/eliminating the opposing player before they get to their next position. Tournament paintball teams do pay for paint. Sponsorships for paint only go to the upper divisions, and even then... the paint is usually only discounted and either the team splits the bills amongst themselves or they share costs with the companies that sponsor them.. There are no free rides in paintball.

On the hivi website...

Outdoor Paint Special! $75/case

Outdoor field paint is only $75/case when purchased at the Medford Pro Shop. Stock up now!

In the cold any gun will perform either good or bad. It does not matter what type they are. If a marker has not been properly tuned for cold weather (ie maintenance, lubrication) then it will have problems.

You can believe what you want to believe... (just like there are snipers in paintball... ROFL!!!) if you want to come out and play... come out and play. End of story.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Yes skene lol all bs i been doing this for many years as well and know plenty about the team circuit and have plenty of videos of my tourny days playing with teams like orion and other teams that have graced the likes of pros like my pretty boy buddy chris lasoya , and havi from the hurricanes , and yeah in the winter months paint is cheaper but in peak season it is 82 bucks in the shop as per the owner rob , who sets pricing , and its cheaper in the winter cause fewer people play and they want to get people in, now the next thing your gonna tell me is that you have an angel fly that has customized warming panels that keep your board at a balmy 66 degrees so you can ramp in the winter, lmfao and there is no pain in paintball unless your a girl!? Or you play in skermish rolling your ankles all day, so you csn bs bs bs bs all day bro , let me know which hand you used to count the people that turn out.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
And any marker will not work in cold whether you grease it in lithium or dow33 or sex wax, nitro only for cold or pump like my custom palmer, in 30s yes guns will start to exhibit all types of problems from bolt stick to paint expansion unless your pushing cold temp marbilizer paint , or nelson winter point blank paintballs ...............these fields dont pay for expensive stuff like that, and high velocity pretty much uses draxxus 90 % of the time ........ I will be honored to play with you someday im gonna see what i got in january on the 8 th and see if i can accomodate your trip, i will even bring 5 or six of my team members with me.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Paintball guns are never as reliable in cold weather since they are not primarily designed to work in cold weather. One of the largest problems is that o-rings are designed to work at higher temperatures. If you play in below freezing temperatures your o-rings will become harder and will not as effectively perform their job, often resulting in leaks and inconsistent firing. While there is no true solution to this problem, a well lubricated gun will limit problems.

Just googled this for you , all the forums pretty much say the same so i got this small clipping as a bit of info to those not familiar with winter play.

Last edited:

skene

Rating - 100%
240   0   0
I don't need info on how to take care of guns. What would be next... you're going to try and explain how great co2 is opposed to hpa? I've played in cold temps... Jan - Mar during practices for previous seasons.. Wow... really Chris Lasoya :rolleyes:... OMG OMG OMG...
:biglaugh: I really don't happen to care what you played... how long you've played.
whether you played 10 man... xball... 7 man... 5 man... 3 man... woodsball or played with a splatmaster in the woods with only goggles.
This isn't a my way is better than your way. Like I said... if you want to play... then play. otherwise... an stfu (in the nicest way possible) is in order.
:)

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Awesome you stand corrected ! Is what your saying facts are facts and you Probably use co2 as well lol please guys like u walk with your hands out so I can them their a$$!!

Anytime your at high velocity ,,,, black and blue empire goggles and a classic shocker, a tricked black mini and black and blue dye gear and I'm the one who's got a mouth on em!!!...come see me .

skene

Rating - 100%
240   0   0
well if that is your idea of a challenge to me.. we don't have to wait too long... NYC Paintball is close to both of us... or if you rather play outdoors there is a field by the meadowlands.

LMK.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: