Rating - 100%
87   0   0
So I'm leaving for Turks and Caicos January 6th. For 6 days.

Wondering if anyone has been there and has any pointers or advice.

I'm either going to stay at the Alexandra or ocean club west.

Any excursions/restaurants I shouldn't miss?

Help!

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Last time I went i sated at beaches. great place. get some diving in, at 6 days you can take a quick course and do at least one dive. also if you are staying at the Alexandria, right out side the hotel is a marine preserve a small reef that will amaze for hours. enjoy and post some pics.

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taylor Bay, Turtle Cove and Coral Gardens are good sights to see.

I don't know if you're renting a car or not but that's really the only way to get around conveniently and cheap but it's left side drive.

Taylor Bay was hard to find was circled many times, we found it behind an rental home area where there are fenced in tennis courts and you'd just
follow the path to the beach. This is the beach where you can walk out pretty far and still be less than knee deep in the water. However some areas the sand feels like quick sand. The last 2 are good snorkeling places.

The food was meh...even at the better restaurants like Coco Bistro and the one at the Alexandra. You'd figured the island has lobsters in the water, so why aren't they fresh...

I'm more of a beer drinker, stop by the local IGA Graceway to stock up if you got a fridge. We stayed at the Royal West Indies, one of the group we went with had 2 couples, so tehy got the 2 rooms that connected that had a kitchen and a living room.

Last edited:

Archreefer

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 72.7%
8   3   0
I've been there twice in the past 3 years, once I stayed at Beaches and the other Club Med. I have to say that this is by far that Grace Bay is the most amazing beach. Just a short walk from Beaches there is a great reef right off the shore where we seen sharks, turtles and just about everything else possible. If you catch a snorkling trip I highly suggest you find one that goes to the Leawards, or a reef called Rin-Tin Caves. Enjoy

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I used to crew and dive from liveaboards there and the reef was spectacular.
Really recommend taking a resort course. There is a PADI center there right by Sandals, a couple hours and you are in the water.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
I had planned to dive, but the focus of the vacation is really to spend time with my girl. She is a little nervous of the water so we will probably just snorkel.

I think I'll rent a car for a few days so I can go see everything i can. Especially find some low key untouched spots.

Ocean west and Alexandra are both nice, Alexandra being around $400 or so more total. Probably better if I save and stay at the ocean west. Spend the extra 400 on some excursions.

I plan to map out the island and return with my brother to do some diving in the future. Probably rent a nice villa or something!

I can't wait to go. All I need are some drinks, that water, and my girl.

Last edited:

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Dining is a pain unless you rent a car.
The restaurants are not walkable and you are taxi dependent and you have to call each time which takes a while.
Renting a car might pay for itself with the convenience.

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Renting a car is cheaper when you factor in the time to wait especially when on a vacation. Just make sure you remember to stay on the left side of the road and buy insurance.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: