duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
so after the hurricane i was without electic for 7 days spent over 1000 dollars in that week to keep my house in order and we get nothing in return for this.UNBELIEVABLE .THAT THEY GOT MILLIONS IN FEDERAL FUNDING and the cunstomer get zero.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
i got my self a genarator 9000 watts run my tank and light tv my frige etc etc etc
i have over 20k in my tank so i think everbody should get one just in case if you have 10k in your tank you can afford a 1000 genarator jmo
now i got it hooked into my panel so power goes out bamm throw a switch and the whole house has power worth every penny in my book

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
But Dukes' topic is about, "where did the government money go?", I think.

The government money is out and the corporate got it while the end user gets no help.

Duke, buy shares and stocks of corporates, especially ones with semi monopoly such as UT and transit companies.

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Like jerl said I have a generator with all the money we have in our tanks you are crazy not to have one and I would like to know why people think lips should give out money from a natural disaster.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Why you assumed he does not have a generator during Irene?

Why does the government need to give money to LIPA from a natural disaster then? LIPA is a commercial company, if they cannot run the business right, hand it over to some one else, don't ask the government for help. LIPA expects the government to foot 75% of the bills(that is 132 millions/that includes my money but when the company become profitable again, will it send me back the dividends?) for the restoration.

Last edited:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i bought a generator and i usd it.my point is i was out for 7 days.no hot water and no power for 7 days.im on there fixed income plan so why didnt my bill go down that month.why dont i get a rebate.thecompany got millions from the government and i dont think they usd it for cleanup?why shouldnt we get some of it.our foods went bad we needed hotels for showering,we spent our eanings on things that LIPA was supposed to be able to handle why shouldnt the little guy get back.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
why does the government need to give money to lipa from a natural disaster then? Lipa is a commercial company, if they cannot run the business right, hand it over to some one else, don't ask the government for help. Lipa expects the government to foot 75% of the bills(that is 132 millions/that includes my money but when the company become profitable again, will it send me back the dividends?) for the restoration.

+1

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Actually,
LIPA had hurricane damage to yards that they stored all of the replacement transformers, that's why people went so long without. They had VERY limited amounts of equipment survive that they needed to service the poles in the neighborhoods.

When they called in the crews from PSE&G from Jersey and companies from other states to help, those companies ALSO had to bring transformers with them- that LIPA had to reimburse them for.

Not to mention the money that was paid to the overtime crews to get things up and going.

One of the Chiefs of my vollie fire department who is also in my actual fire company who works for LIPA on a line crew and I had a long conversation about what happened that it took so long this time for them to get back up and running 100%.

They sustained way more loss that prevented them from doing a quick job.

Also one more thing to mention- he had guns pulled on him 6 or 7 times on the 3rd day- so if you lived down the block from one of those psychos that could very well be the reason you were out for so long- they fixed everyone elses stuff before going back to those neighborhoods and told the neighbors that came out to ask on day 7 they could thank the psychopath at that address--CANT SAY I BLAME THEM.

P.S. My lights never even flickered during the whole mess. I have no problem with LIPA.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
im guessing gary is a wealthy business man who dont realize how tough things are in the real world LOL.if you lost money due to the monopoly known as LIPA they should reemburse your loses period.if you oil company gave you water instead of oil and destroyed your burner they would replace your burner and whatever mess they created.it took them literally 1/2 hour to fix my electric after 7 days which just needed a fuse replaced from 1 guy and a pole from the ground but nmo one can fix it but them.so it cost me 7 days of gasoline fill ups a generator and 3 nights for my family to stay somewhere for electricity and showers

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I'm not sticking up for peoples money loss, just giving some actual truthful insight onto what happened--- it was hard to tell where to store anything- thanks to the national weather service, then the local weather which even the almighty LIPA has to go by as well as Doppler between all of them there wasn't a single solid prediction on where was going to get hit the hardest- the path of the hurricane was told to be about 5 different locations from happague to Queens. You can only prepare so much- Yes even the utility companies fall victim.- they would have had to store there equipment in Pennsylvania- even they got hit, so there was, is and never will be on an island a way to safeguard your equipment in a natural disaster.

I will say one thing that I will stick up for LIPA about--while a lot of city residents on here were without power MANY times FOR DAYS AT A TIME with UNDERGROUND lines NOT succeptable to winds, Long Island residents have had power from our OVERHEAD lines that were VERY succeptable.

Face it it's an act of God, ther's not much to do except hunker down and be happy it wasn't severe enough to kill you or your families.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: