wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I got those "non" ice cubes for Christmas. My brother got me the stainless steel ones from brookstone. so far so good, since I can control how much water to add if need be.

My wife got me a sampler pack of 5 different rare whisky's. Just a taste of each one. Let me try to find the site.

Last edited:

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I like Glenfiddich too. Have a 12 year bottle for sipping at home. I like to keep a bottle of 12 year Jameson in the house for myself at all times. My friend put me onto Macallan which is tasty as well.

I just started into my Sampler pack from that website above. There is a 40 year in there that I am drooling to get into, but I think it's going to be the last one I try. The drams that they send them in are only enough for a taste, but it gives you enough to find the one you like best.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Any RO or Distilled will impart less of its own characteristics on your drink.
Tasteless ice is better than ice made from the tap or through a cheapy fridge filter.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I got a bottle of la guvellin (spelling) as a groomsman gift.... I'm struggling with it, any tips for scotch newbie? I enjoy a drink now and gain and wanted to give scotch a whirl ....been slow going

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
That is a lovely bottle of scotch. Bring it by and I wil help you out. LOL
Seriously. Scotch is an aquired taste. Search for the subtle flavors while drinking it. I know this sounds a little Foo Foo. But there are many subtle flavors like vanilla, oak, cherry.
Also a little ice or water will bring out the flavors even more.
People say you shouldnt drink single malt over ice but F'em.
If you dont want to drink it cold. Pour it in a snifter and drink it like brandy.
You really cant go wrong with most single malts.

trivan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I got a bottle of la guvellin (spelling) as a groomsman gift.... I'm struggling with it, any tips for scotch newbie? I enjoy a drink now and gain and wanted to give scotch a whirl ....been slow going

IMHO Lagavulin is tough to start with. It's a very peaty scotch. One of my all time favorites. Start out with a macallan or others suggested and I'm sure you start to enjoy the difference that a Lagavulin brings.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
My grandmother loved Johnny Walker... lol.

I'm not a huge scotch/whiskey guy myself, but I'm starting to get into it. I have a 12 Yr old bottle of Jamison, but I actually like the 'regular' better. I got a bottle of JW Black for my wedding/groomsman gift.

I'm more of a beer or Gin person really.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: