probe dms

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Last Sunday I had a heart attack and now I'm back on medication. Problem is one of the pills side effects are vivid nightmares. I've had them ever since I came home. This has happened before so I know it's the meds. The dreams are so bizarre and real that I just woke up screaming. I find some of them entertaining but most are just hanis. I hate this.
A friend told me to look into lucid dreaming, that's where you can control your dreams. I just read an article in popular science this morning. It was 5am when I read it. I couldn't sleep.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I can't speak for nightmares caused by drugs, but when i was a kid I used to get fairly frequent nightmares. Aside from waking up scared and miserable, I would feel disturbed even for several days afterwards. I still remember them to this day. I decided to recognize that I was dreaming, and wake myself up the next time I had a nightmare. The next nightmare or 2, I shook myself in the dream until I woke up. That was it- the end of my nightmares. I can't say I've had a true nightmare since I was about 10 or 11.

probe dms

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I can't speak for nightmares caused by drugs, but when i was a kid I used to get fairly frequent nightmares. Aside from waking up scared and miserable, I would feel disturbed even for several days afterwards. I still remember them to this day. I decided to recognize that I was dreaming, and wake myself up the next time I had a nightmare. The next nightmare or 2, I shook myself in the dream until I woke up. That was it- the end of my nightmares. I can't say I've had a true nightmare since I was about 10 or 11.

Wanna try some metoprolol? Get thee ol juices flowing again?

Hey, anyone ever experience a witch ride?

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
i have vivid memories from when i was a child in the house i grew up in, some were dreams, some memories but its odd bc i remember them like it was yesterday.. the problem is they were very odd creepy dark.. but i cant tell you which were dreams or memories.. lol the house definitly had some spooky sh*t.. havent lived there in 25 yrs.. but i remember them..

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
as for the plavix there really isnt a substitute and dont stop taking that as directed without speaking with your cardiologist either.

im not sure how they are dosing the metoprolol but it comes two ways if you are taking pills lopressor aka metoprolol tartrate more then 1 time a day you maybe able to ask your doctor to change it to metoprolol succinate aka toprol xl thats a long lasting version of the same med that you could take early in the day to try to cut down nightime side effects.

or ambien.

of coarse I am not an MD please dont do anything without speaking with your cardiologist first.

probe dms

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
as for the plavix there really isnt a substitute and dont stop taking that as directed without speaking with your cardiologist either.

im not sure how they are dosing the metoprolol but it comes two ways if you are taking pills lopressor aka metoprolol tartrate more then 1 time a day you maybe able to ask your doctor to change it to metoprolol succinate aka toprol xl thats a long lasting version of the same med that you could take early in the day to try to cut down nightime side effects.

or ambien.

of coarse I am not an MD please dont do anything without speaking with your cardiologist first.

Good suggestion! I'll ask next appointment.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I haven't had to take metoprolol, but I do take Ambien (zolpidem) as needed. Unlike the old fashioned sleeping pills like barbiturates, ambien does not repress dreaming...in fact, I find that it even enhances dreaming. While I really enjoy most of my dreams, I can see how it would aggravate your nightmare problem. I have heard that chloroquine, the anti-malarial drug, has a reputation for intense, vivid nightmares.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: