thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
i agree, montero was not a good defensive catcher. i think Martin had a good season and offered more at that plate than i thought he would.

the trade on paper seams alright. Im glad panic didnt strike and tlet the lefty from texas go to the angles. it will be interesting to see what the starting rotation becomes now and who goes to the pen, unless they have another trade or two coming down the road. DH should be easier to pickup than a solid pitcher, but i doubt anyone is taking a chance on AJ unless the yanks eat majority of contract just to get rid of him

wonderballz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I thought the Yankees said they were willing to eat like $10M or AJ's contract. Can't remember the source. I picked up Kuroda late last season during Fantasy Baseball, but he rarely got run support. He had a decent ERA, but IIRC, missed a few starts in the second half of last season due to injuries. Hopefully with a more run support and a bullpen, we can get him more wins.

The two young guys look like good pickups. As much as I liked Montero, the guy couldn't catch; so I'll miss his bat, but you can't have a 20 year old kid JUST DH with the occasional game behind the plate. Plus we have Romine (who's bat isn't as good, but looks like a better catcher) waiting in the wings.

Overall, we needed arms and we got 3 without spending a crapload or giving up tons. We have options at pitching, and we can now focus on getting another DH. I'd say it looks like a good deal so far.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: