TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
My trusty Explorer is about to explode so it's time to do what we always do and UPPPGRAAAADEEEE!

I always loved the Mercury line especially the Mountaineers. The way I see it is now this is my golden opportunity/excuse to get one. Or is it?

I just figured before I spend the next few days researching everything under the sun about them if anyone knew of any known issues,recalls or years to avoid. If you have one for sale feel free to PM me.
~I WILL TRADE FOR CORAL!~ LOL

Thanks in advance!

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I dont see any issues with them... I have a 2004 mountaineer with 108k miles had it for about 5 years now. No real issues other than the regular wear and tear. Its been good to me and its now with my parents... But i hear alot of people having transmission problems... I havent had any.

I remember i think it was last year when we had that big snow storm during christmas i think it was. Anyway the next morning i get up to move the car and everyone is cleaning and shoverling... I just cleaned the window a bit and the door so that i can get it turned the car on walked into get some breakfast, got the order and rolled right out... No issues. And parking was way easy i just strolled in while those other fools where stuck or digging there way in!... lol Ahhhhhhhh Good memories...

motortrendz

Mainland Aquatics
Vendor
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
hey bro, you know im a dealer tech.. you shoulda called me.. the biggest consern i have with them is the trans, the ford aod trans is pretty weak.. usually 75-100k on them unless theyre well maintained ive seen 200k.. other than that the earlier models 01ish is when ford/firestone had the big tire recall.. firestone took the hit but part of the problem was that ford recomended 26psi for tire inflation on the door sticker.. they did that to try and rectify a rollover type situation those trucks had.. but by doing that they caused tire fatigue and premature wear causing blowouts.. and rollovers.

newer models 04+ were redsigned wider and lower to correct the suspension flaw from the earlier design.

hoped that helped, you got my number if u need me.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
I dont see any issues with them... I have a 2004 mountaineer with 108k miles had it for about 5 years now. No real issues other than the regular wear and tear. Its been good to me and its now with my parents... But i hear alot of people having transmission problems... I havent had any.

I remember i think it was last year when we had that big snow storm during christmas i think it was. Anyway the next morning i get up to move the car and everyone is cleaning and shoverling... I just cleaned the window a bit and the door so that i can get it turned the car on walked into get some breakfast, got the order and rolled right out... No issues. And parking was way easy i just strolled in while those other fools where stuck or digging there way in!... lol Ahhhhhhhh Good memories...
Yea I feel the same way about my explorer I NEED an SUV in the snow I don't like digging I'm not a ground hog LOL 4 wheel drive baby! My motto is you should have 3 cars an suv for the snow, a van for big trips and a nice car for going out.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
hey bro, you know im a dealer tech.. you shoulda called me.. the biggest consern i have with them is the trans, the ford aod trans is pretty weak.. usually 75-100k on them unless theyre well maintained ive seen 200k.. other than that the earlier models 01ish is when ford/firestone had the big tire recall.. firestone took the hit but part of the problem was that ford recomended 26psi for tire inflation on the door sticker.. they did that to try and rectify a rollover type situation those trucks had.. but by doing that they caused tire fatigue and premature wear causing blowouts.. and rollovers.

newer models 04+ were redsigned wider and lower to correct the suspension flaw from the earlier design.

hoped that helped, you got my number if u need me.
Yea a buddy of mine told me something similar about 04 and up being better made. Oddly enough most of the ones I see for sale are 02 and older. I love the pearl white I need a new car to match my phone it's pearl white also LOL. I thought about a cadillac srx which I LOVE but looking to spend a little less right now and maybe buy the caddy later.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Wow 97k that is good mileage for that junk box but I understand becuze two women drive the truck you and your wife lmfao
Buy a Chevy/GMC. Wife's 2007 Tahoe SLT has 97K on it. Brakes and 2 sets of tires, and a fuel filter. That's it!

Sent from my DROIDX using Reefs

Last edited:

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Wow. This is nice trig! Enjoying it

Anyways. What you getting?

had the Honda pilot it was great, Nissan xterra was alright, felt like strong wind would knock over. Get a crew cab pu! Had the frontier recently it was a beast in snow

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Chrysler and Dodge are not too good in general. It's going to be a family vehicle I have no use for a pickup lol. A Tahoe is way too much of a gas guzzler for all the driving we do that would kill me, I already spend a fortune on gas. Jeremy I got a odyssea for you to buy since you love hondas so much take this off my hands,bought it brand new in 03.

I'm still looking for a mountaineer or maybe an explorer. I love the Caddy SRX but I don't know if I trust them as beautiful as they are Caddy's are known to have problems.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Chrysler and Dodge are not too good in general. It's going to be a family vehicle I have no use for a pickup lol. A Tahoe is way too much of a gas guzzler for all the driving we do that would kill me, I already spend a fortune on gas. Jeremy I got a odyssea for you to buy since you love hondas so much take this off my hands,bought it brand new in 03.

I'm still looking for a mountaineer or maybe an explorer. I love the Caddy SRX but I don't know if I trust them as beautiful as they are Caddy's are known to have problems.

You should gets this one pimp I could see you in this for sure

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1328648890535.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328648890535.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 29

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: