skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
I've never known hicksville to be all that bad... but it could be loss of jobs and high property tax in that area which would be why a lot of people are moving out.

Mongo77

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I would say that Bethpage is nicer area than Hicksville. More of a community feeling to it. You should look at South farmingdale as well. It's still part of the town of Oyster Bay, so you can still use the Hicksville train station.

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I went to high school in Bethpage. I loved the town. The bad part is that half the people I knew in high school are dead from heroin ods. It turns out that after I moved out east heroin took over that school. If ypi have kids make sure that stuff isn't around anymore. This was 20 years ago so hopefully they cleaned it up a bit.

wimby

C&S Miracle Makers
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
I'm next door to Hicksville It's not bad I'm in Plainview and my taxes are lower then Levittown. Hicksville is a nice area so is Bethpage. Hicksville doesn't have a good school district From what I hear.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
I live right on the boarder between Hicksville and Syossett. I can tell you Hicksville has very nice parts as well as crappy areas. For the most part it is nice. The schools leave a lot to be desired. Plainview, Bethpage, and Syossett all have much better school districts. Let me know if you need help. I have rentals in Plainview and Bethpage so I know these areas very well.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I live right on the boarder between Hicksville and Syossett. I can tell you Hicksville has very nice parts as well as crappy areas. For the most part it is nice. The schools leave a lot to be desired. Plainview, Bethpage, and Syossett all have much better school districts. Let me know if you need help. I have rentals in Plainview and Bethpage so I know these areas very well.

+1 on the schools. Carle Place has great schools and the commute is not bad. It's the LIRR or it's traffic.
Hicksville is a hub so there are a lot of trains. Mineola has even more trains stopping.
Rent a place for a year, kind of a pain having to move twice, but it will get you used to the area before you buy in.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: