pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
We finally canceled our CATV and Land line which was costing $160 a month, and was hardly ever used.
We still have Fios internet which is fast, but not cheap. We also have our cell phones (smartphones) and Netflix for entertainment.

I've currently have an old aerial antenna on the top of my house. Not sure if it's fully working. I connected it to my digital equipment only seem to get a few digital signals and many are weak. Any advice on boosting the signal? I do notice the wire that comes off the antenna is flat with 2 copper leads.

Thanks.
Peter

skene

Winter. Time for Flakes..
Rating - 100%
240   0   0
get yourself something like an apple tv, or roku box. those are nice to use and utilize online entertainment... well not so much the apple tv unless you have a subscription to netflix.

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
get yourself something like an apple tv, or roku box. those are nice to use and utilize online entertainment... well not so much the apple tv unless you have a subscription to netflix.

i already have several devices that has netflix on it. I don't think a ATV would work, but i do like Roku but currently don't need that.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Ooma just an option. If there's no need for landline, then it's moot.

If you have a PC that'll connect to your TV (15pin VGA or HDMI) look into Boxee. Don't need to buy DLink's hardware, just use your own hardware with their software. Runs better than Apple TV imo; streams 1080P as well vs. 720P on ATV2. Though I have an jailbroken ATV2 running XBMC. Either solutions works, just depends on how fancy and how much control you want.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I agree with the PC to TV solution. Apple TV and R boxes are usless if you can swing that. You have your cell, then just use Skype so you have a redundant phone connection.

Between Netflix, Hulu Plus, and bit torrent, what else do you really need for entertainment?

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
i think my neighbors are pretty private :)
I'm not a TV addict, so i really don't miss watching TV. I'm a big gamer, so as long as there is a decent internet connection i good. My kids just watch PBS and netflixs. The wife like glee that's also on netflix. The only show i do watch is Fringe, and that can be found on the net.
I was trying to figure out if a $250 investment into a new Aerial Antenna, amplifier and auto rotator was worth it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: