Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
My Daughter is due in July so I am painting her old room for when my Grandkid visits. I call "him" a kid because they don't want to know the sex.
Thuis is almost the way I painted it when my Daughter was born 33 years ago.
When it is finished there will be real tree limbs coming out of the walls and going into the ceiling. Mis Piggy will be on a swing swinging back into the wall and there are real ropes coming off of her painted swing and going to the real limbs on the ceiling. I love this stuff, but it leaves less time for reefing. I don't really spend much time on my tank anyway and we got to do what we got to do. :D I just finished the Count
IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1749.jpg

Jodisroom009.jpg

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Oh wow!!! Paul, I had no idea you are an artist as well!! This is gorgeous!! I really cannot wait to see the finished product!

BTW, CONGRATULATIONS, and many many blessings to all concerned.:hug:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Awilda, most of it is freehand but I did cheat on the outline of some of the larger characters by using a projector. I am not that great of an artist as I am coppying all of it out of books and the internet. I can't just do it out of my head like a real artist could do. The last time I did it I did the entire thing by hand but it takes much longer because when I make a mistake, I have to paint over it in white and start again. I want to get it done before the kid goes to College.
The baby will also be in the same wicker bassinet that I was born in as well as my Daughter.
Piggy here will be sitting on a swing with ropes connected to a real limb coming out of the ceiling.
IMG_1750.jpg

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Awilda it is a family tradition for the Grand Mother to use her wedding dress to put a skirt on the bassinet. The bassinet is about 67 years old (I was not the first kid in it) and my wife's wedding dress that is 38 years old will be going to that.
My Mother's dress was on it when my Daughter was born.
The basinet is a large wicker thing on wheels so it stands up waist height so you don't have to bend down. It has a large wicker hood. When it is finished, I will take a picture.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: