Andyv2004

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Hey guys, just like the title says what do you think about pro fighters not wanting to fight friends or the next guy in line for the belt? I feel if you consider yourself to be the best you have to fight the best even if he is a good friend. You can always have a beer right after the fight and continue to be friends.

CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
This reminds me of the Klitschko brothers......Both are the best of the best, both have champion belts, and both never ever fought each other. They got tons and tons of offers from sponsors and etc., but all were declined.

I don't think best friends should fight each other.

Andyv2004

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Fights

Brothers i agree should not fight, but best friends is up in the air. We have to remember pro fighting is a sport and would any one out thier challenge thier friends to a basketball, baseball or any other sports game. Like i said you can always have a drink after the fight.

Last edited:

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Honestly it's messed up and you should never fight your friends and family. I also don't consider it a sport I think you have to be a real D*** to beat people up for a living. It's kind of sad. The people who do this have mental issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arati

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
the reason as i understand it isn't the friend ship its that they train together daily. how you can u fight a guy who knows all your tricks and you know all of his it makes for a boring fight and to be honest the fighters already know who is better.

also when you take the belt a guy has worked his whole life for~ away, you will not be friends anymore.

Andyv2004

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Fights

Hey Guys, I am sorry to hear some of the comments being made on this post. Most guys that I train with and who compete are peace loving people and respecful of life. I have been training for a long time and have competed before and i think violence is for idiots, but there is nothing wrong with expressing your self in a controlled enviroment which is the ring or cage or in a jiu jitsu tornament. I always believe its better to talk things out, but sometimes there is no alternative but to defend yourself and your family and its nice to know you can with out really hurting the other person. Boxing, mma or any other martial art is just a to express what you have learned and to test what works and what does not. Peace and love my fellow reefers.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
if your a proffesional fighter you fight who is in front of you, i had to box a guy i trained with for 2 years, once in the ring you are no longer my friend, till that final bell is rung, but it is hard to have the same type of friendship afterwards, especially when your friend knows u kicked his azz

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Andy you say violence is for idiots but that's exactly what it is. Defending yourself and your family is one thing and that's why I trained for years also. Those fights happen on the street not in a ring. Fighting someone in a ring to beat the hell out of them for no reason is idiotic. I think the only thing it expresses is rage and most of the people who do this mma crap are usually just a holes and do it to show off. The only thing you really get out of it is black eyes and broken bones.

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Yea wrestling is "fake" but those guys are athletes..if you ever saw ECW you would be surprised those guys were serious acrobats. I don't watch wrestling anymore but it is definitely crazy some of the stuff they do and at least they do it out of fun and not trying to kill each other.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
My honest opinion? I am a fan of MMA in a way, BUT I also feel that it's getting so popular due to thugs don't have to put effort forth educationally wise and can make a living beating the pulp out of someone.

I do agree with some of the posters that to want to be a professional fighter as a career you have to be a somewhat twisted individual deep down underneath the family guy exterior.

The UFC was formed for one reason- so Garcie could prove to the world Garacie Jiu-Jitsu was the best defense there was.

I'd put up a gracie student against someone trained in Krav-Maga anyday. Now THAT I really like- its for getting out of extremely bad situations alive.

MMA I've liked a lot less as time goes on, but to answer the question- if that's what you do for a living then you fight who the people that pay your salary put in front of you.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: