dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Hey,

If anyone has a hybrid/road bike for sale let me know.

Looking for a nice one for the summer.

PM me i can do cash and reef stuff. lmk

Thanks,
Diego

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
i wouldnt know where to start. I was thinking that but thought it would be complicating it by ordering things and waiting for stuff to come in. Kind of like starting up another reef from scratch.

Maybe if i had more experience in building a bike.

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Let me know if you need help with a bike build Diego.
I built and maintain my own MTB.
That way you get to choose which parts you like unlike when buying pre built you end up with some parts not to your liking.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Thanks jeff! I may need to speak with you about this whole bike riding thing im trying to do. Maybe you gave give me some tips and stuff.

Well since i didnt find anything worth buying used i ended up just purchasing a new bike that i think fits my riding and financial needs. Here is my purchase:

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-us/bikes/model/escape.2/8910/48614/

As soon as i put my hands i noticed how light it was. Not too light but just enough for me to easily lift with one hand. I compared it too other pricer bikes and thought there was not much difference. I then took it for a spin and that was it, its done and im taking it. The gears were smooth and the speed was great. I guess time will tell how good this bike is but for now i am happy with this purchase.

The only thing i did not like was that the peddles looked pretty cheap. But thats about it.

Maybe in a few years if i am still cycling i will build my own but for now this will do.

Thanks all!

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
Nice bike.Got a Trek820 myself.Even though it's the cheapest MTB they make,it has decent parts but anything can be replaced.I'm going through that myself.Just got Kevlar tires for it so don't have to worry about glass around these streets.Next will be my pedals and so on.

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
If you want I have a few year old Trek 7.3, it has a more comfortable padded seat

It needs a bit of an overhaul but bring it to a bike shop or have one of these other guys that build them and change out the, chain and naval jelly the little bit of hardware that rusted and it'll be a nice bike. I'd give it to you for $200.

This is the bike:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcus76/421763253/

This is my actual bike, you'll see only the hardware that holds the brakes rusted, also would put new tires on it:

DSC_0041-1.jpg

DSC_0042-1.jpg

DSC_0042-1.jpg

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Nice bike jimmy but i just picked up a new one. I would have taken yours if i knew something about bike builds and repairs. It might cost me as much as i paid for a new one if i buy parts and have someone do it for me.

But good deal for someone with a little bike repair experience.

Thanks for letting me know.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I too would like to know for when i am able to build one. I googled some but could find one site that specialized in just parts for those that like to build.

jeffvmd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
There are a lot of how to videos on expertvillage for different bike maintainance stuff.
They are a good guide and there are some easy to follow videos.

wonderballz - I know that "build a bike for my wife" line as I did that before.
Made her think the bike was hers to allow me to have 3 bikes set up. Lol.
Well hers was nicer as she has the Ellsworth frame in her bike.
I ended up selling hers though when the baby came as she hardly uses it anyway.

Hey D post a pic of your bike here. =)

Last edited:

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
There are a lot of how to videos on expertvillage for different bike maintainance stuff.
They are a good guide and there are some easy to follow videos.
Hey D post a pic of your bike here. =)

Have you watched many of the "expert" village vids? Expert is the LAST term that comes to mind in most of the ones I've seen by them. Just sayin hopefully the ones he'd look at actually show a level of expertise and competency.

Last edited:

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Giant escape 2

This is the bike i got.

Pros:
Light, easy to carry.
Great tires and smooth gears.
Great breaks and price!

Cons:
peddles seem very cheap. But thats about it.

I will take pics of mine when i get home but for now here is the manf pics.

Attachments

• Escape_2.jpg
    Escape_2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 52

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: