Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The sheer magnitude of things that I don?t know is mind boggling. Almost as mind boggling as the things I used to know, but forgot. I remember when I got into this hobby in the iron age when we used to call ich, oodinium. Then it was ich, then back to oodinium. Any spot was oodinium but now spots are many things including velvet which used to be what the inside of my suit was made out of. Some spots are even cryptacaryn.
I don?t know when we started to use other methods to kill ich besides copper. Now there is hyposalinity, Kick Ich and Reef Safe ich cures, that of course don?t work, but we still have them. Well I guess they work sometimes but that is another thing I don?t know.
I don?t know why so many people have trouble getting fish to live a large number of years. After all they are fish and have been living with no help from us for millions of years.
I don?t know why everyone does not feed their fish live blackworms or use undergravel filters. I don?t know why I went bald or why Paris Hilton carries around that stupid looking dog.
I don?t know why people get so upset about algae. It grows on all healthy reefs, why wouldn?t it grow in your tank?
I don?t know why Noobs insist on getting Moorish Idols.
Why do people buy twin spot gobies? I don?t know.
I don?t know why I am not dating a supermodel. OK yes I do.
I don?t know why people buy cleaner shrimp to cure ich.
I like cleaner shrimp, but not because of ich, I just think they are cool.
I like all shrimp, mostly with garlic, which reminds me, why do people feed garlic and think it will cure ich. Your fish should not get ich.
Speaking of shrimp, why is it OK to cycle a tank with a dead shrimp but not a blue devil?
Does the blue devil have more civil rights than that shrimp?
If so, then why do we feed mysis? They are shrimp and would have the same rights, no?
Can we also recommend we don?t cycle with a fish if we eat hamburgers? Do fish have more rights than cows? I don?t know.
I don?t know why everyone does not use LEDs. They are free. OK after a few years they are free. Compared to other lights like whale oil and MHs.
I don?t know why we all don?t throw in ?Chemi Clean? to kill cyano.
I don?t know why we care about cyano. Or hair algae for that matter. It is so easy to get rid of.
I don?t know why we worry about bristle worms. Or if bristle worms also have rights.
I don?t know why we ask questions about what to do when we go on vacation. Have a good time I would imagine.
I don?t know why we all don?t fly helicopters.
I don?t know why anyone gets into this hobby than complains about ich, hair algae, cyano, and the fact that they are broke all the time.
I don?t know why boat gas is $5.30 a gallon.
I don?t know why everyone does not add mud from the sea to their tanks. I don?t know why I started this topic, I just don?t know.

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
The sheer magnitude of things that I don?t know is mind boggling. Almost as mind boggling as the things I used to know, but forgot. I remember when I got into this hobby in the iron age when we used to call ich, oodinium. Then it was ich, then back to oodinium. Any spot was oodinium but now spots are many things including velvet which used to be what the inside of my suit was made out of. Some spots are even cryptacaryn.
I don?t know when we started to use other methods to kill ich besides copper. Now there is hyposalinity, Kick Ich and Reef Safe ich cures, that of course don?t work, but we still have them. Well I guess they work sometimes but that is another thing I don?t know.
I don?t know why so many people have trouble getting fish to live a large number of years. After all they are fish and have been living with no help from us for millions of years.
I don?t know why everyone does not feed their fish live blackworms or use undergravel filters. I don?t know why I went bald or why Paris Hilton carries around that stupid looking dog.
I don?t know why people get so upset about algae. It grows on all healthy reefs, why wouldn?t it grow in your tank?
I don?t know why Noobs insist on getting Moorish Idols.
Why do people buy twin spot gobies? I don?t know.
I don?t know why I am not dating a supermodel. OK yes I do.
I don?t know why people buy cleaner shrimp to cure ich.
I like cleaner shrimp, but not because of ich, I just think they are cool.
I like all shrimp, mostly with garlic, which reminds me, why do people feed garlic and think it will cure ich. Your fish should not get ich.
Speaking of shrimp, why is it OK to cycle a tank with a dead shrimp but not a blue devil?
Does the blue devil have more civil rights than that shrimp?
If so, then why do we feed mysis? They are shrimp and would have the same rights, no?
Can we also recommend we don?t cycle with a fish if we eat hamburgers? Do fish have more rights than cows? I don?t know.
I don?t know why everyone does not use LEDs. They are free. OK after a few years they are free. Compared to other lights like whale oil and MHs.
I don?t know why we all don?t throw in ?Chemi Clean? to kill cyano.
I don?t know why we care about cyano. Or hair algae for that matter. It is so easy to get rid of.
I don?t know why we worry about bristle worms. Or if bristle worms also have rights.
I don?t know why we ask questions about what to do when we go on vacation. Have a good time I would imagine.
I don?t know why we all don?t fly helicopters.
I don?t know why anyone gets into this hobby than complains about ich, hair algae, cyano, and the fact that they are broke all the time.
I don?t know why everyone does not add mud from the sea to their tanks. I don?t know why I started this topic, I just don?t know.

As usual Paul, very well said. Do you mind if we add a few

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I don't know why I would be against you adding a few or a lot. Add all you want.
I will too.
Why do they call them hamburgers when there is no ham in them, I don't know.
If McDonalds called them dead cow patties instead of hamburgers I wonder how many they would sell. I don't know that either.
If you put your ear near mysis while they were being collected, would you hear them scream? I really don't know.
Why don't we eat whales but we eat chickens? Who knows.
Would a chicken eat a whale if it could? Why don't chickens swim but ducks do?
I just don't know.

arieln92

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 90.3%
28   3   0

Lol this sounds like me lol

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I changed some water last week so I guess the next one will be in August or Sept.
Why do you want to help me? My arm should be better by then but you can come by and I will open up a bottle of my home made wine.
Anyone else want to come?
Wow that will be the summer. We can go out on my boat. Take a tour of the harbor, go to the Statue Of Liberty. OMG
By the way if any of you want to take a tour of the harbor. I can do that.
Get your main squeeze and gas money, I will supply the Champagne and we can go.
Or we can go collecting. Or you collect and I will drink the wine.
It is what it is.
Lanacane helped me change water after my surgery. Actually he didn't "help". he did the entire thing himself and I appreciate that.

Last edited:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yes but you should know
Remember X Lax? That was great stuff. Delicious chocolate. The after affects weren't so good. Do they still make that? How about Bonomo Turkish Taffy? Do they still sell that? Why not?
Next week (on a boating day) I have to go to a wedding about 100 miles from my house and I am sitting here trying to figure out what disease I would rather have than go to that wedding. I am thinking "Irratable Bowel Disease" I would rather have "Irratable Bowel Disease" than go to that wedding.
At this time I can't think of a more uncomfortable disease that won't kill me so I will settle on that.
Maybe death is better than going to that wedding but I just don't know.
Why don't people get married in February? I don't have much going on in February and the cold would probably ease the symptoms of Irratable bowel disease.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
Next week (on a boating day) I have to go to a wedding about 100 miles from my house and I am sitting here trying to figure out what disease I would rather have than go to that wedding. I am thinking "Irratable Bowel Disease" I would rather have "Irratable Bowel Disease" than go to that wedding.
At this time I can't think of a more uncomfortable disease that won't kill me so I will settle on that.
Maybe death is better than going to that wedding but I just don't know.
Why don't people get married in February? I don't have much going on in February and the cold would probably ease the symptoms of Irratable bowel disease.

tell them you have tourette syndrome from prolong saltwater and paly toxin exposures and that you can't guarantee what you would actually say when the priest says "speak now or forever hold your peace" ...plus you have uncontrollable gangrenous bowel gas when you try to hold your tongue....it just comes out the other end.

why did i suggest those disorders....i don't know.

Last edited:

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I DON'T KNOW what ever possesed me to ever get into the hobby way back when but I do know I'm much happier now that I'm not. :biggrin:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Well Paul, we all will get our wake up call. And by the way Paul, i feed my fish live black worms because of you...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: