Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
You said the 2 big no-no words in public! "iPhone Killer"

SGS3 looks to be a phenomenal phone, its older brother SGS2 certainly earned itself a place in the ranks.

//file in AAPL lemmings.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I am in the market for a new phone. I may have to look at it. But I really hate on screen keyboards. Wonder how fast a ROM will be available for it.... One thing I hate is the bloatware that Sprint puts on their phone.

My wife wants a piece of crap phone called an iPhone. I really don't want to get it for her just on principle that they suck!

James

Zen-Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
i agree, there is no need for an iphone the past year or so. android devices have surpassed them thank god. it is a matter or principle but also of anyone who wants to actually have control over their phone as opposed to having the phone dictate what it can and can't do. a no brainer for anyone with a brain ;)
If you are looking for a new phone I think the s3 is the best phone in the world right now. I am upgrading from an evo so I think I will try to find a cheap used S2 or just bite the bullet and go with an S3... not sure which.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
i agree, there is no need for an iphone the past year or so. android devices have surpassed them thank god. it is a matter or principle but also of anyone who wants to actually have control over their phone as opposed to having the phone dictate what it can and can't do. a no brainer for anyone with a brain ;)
If you are looking for a new phone I think the s3 is the best phone in the world right now. I am upgrading from an evo so I think I will try to find a cheap used S2 or just bite the bullet and go with an S3... not sure which.

I have the epic that I have stayed with simply because of the keyboard. But sprint only has the epic with a kb. So I may need to bite the bullet. My contract is up so I will go with the s3 most likely

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
i agree, there is no need for an iphone the past year or so. android devices have surpassed them thank god. it is a matter or principle but also of anyone who wants to actually have control over their phone as opposed to having the phone dictate what it can and can't do. a no brainer for anyone with a brain ;) .

I agree. On top of that, google is constantly coming up with new applications, upgrades and solutions and majority of them are free. Google Drive is amazing, works fast and it's so easy to copy and share files between devices. I wouldn't be able to swallow a device that, when connected to a PC, doesn't behave as an external drive- I remember when I tried to copy some of my mp3 files to a friend's iphone and it was nightmare. I know that apple started this trend of being accessible and easy to operate but in my opinion android surpassed it and google is definitely heading in right direction. Imagine if you'd have to pay to use google search, drive, maps, navigation and other apps that make your life easier. And what apple gave us for free?

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Well I don't know why but I like my iPhone, retina display is ok, phone size is perfect there is only one issue with this phone... Battery
For me personally galaxy is toooooo big... I hope IPhone 5 gonna be same size (or similar) to 4

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
Well I don't know why but I like my iPhone, retina display is ok, phone size is perfect there is only one issue with this phone... Battery
For me personally galaxy is toooooo big... I hope IPhone 5 gonna be same size (or similar) to 4

The size of the galaxy is one drawback for me. It is pretty big for me to carry when I'm at work.

I will probably wait a bit for cyanogen to get a rom out for it. My contract is up soon, so I will go month to month. Glad I am not on verizon with their new contracts. I would need to pay retail for the phone with them to get the unlimited data that I get with sprint.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

TRIGGERMAN

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
As far as the debate about the iphone it's junk compared to the galaxy I have the skyrocket w/ at&t and I have never been happier. It's honestly by far the best phone I ever had and despite the complaint about it being "bigger" it is actually LIGHTER than that glorified brick called an iphone. That big screen w/ a killer display just makes it that much better especially when watching super hd quality video and typing on the keyboard which is big enough not to type 3 letters at once like many of the smaller phones. Another great thing is it's the same price there is no non sense about paying hundreds of dollars more for more storage space. It comes stock 16 gb and expandable to 48 w/ a 32 gb card and it uses a sim..it just makes life much easier. I wouldn't give it up for anything and I have gotten several friends to get this phone and they are all happy.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Android phones are too big...
Apple users NOW wanting a bigger screen after using their rivals...
Rumor Apple is buying 4" screens in droves...
Jobs said "No one is going to buy them..."

Which is it!? Taking a backseat for 2 years, and throwing one out isn't innovation. Next we'll see that Apple invented NFC. :rolleyes:

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
My gf has galaxy with 4.3" screen. For my field of work, the screen is too big cause it would be hard to fit in my pocket, but I love that bigger screen, it so much easy to type with those fat man's fingers. If I didn't have to keep my phone in my pocket all the time I would definitely go big screen.

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I dont see how that phone could even come close to being an iphone killer.
Its plastic, it wont fit in a pocket, the firmware bundle is clunky and the HTC Evo is still a much better phone. But that is all opinion formed by online reviews.
I feel the facts show anyone paying for the S3 is getting ripped off.

For one, the software is clunky and there are many steps to backup or restore Andriod devices completely, firmware, music and media. Not to mention this firmware is open source and free. The development costs of that are very low compared to proprietary software on phone, such as a Windows phone or the IOS firmware.

The construction of the phone is totally substandard compared to other phones. Like the one currently on the market sandwiched between aluminosilicate oiliophobic glass surrounded with a machined aluminum band. The S3 and other competition is still using scratch loving plastic two full years later, yawn.

The fact these two products base prices are comparable amazes me. You are paying the same price for a product that cost significantly less to produce. So after a two year contract what will the S3 be worth? Probably next to nothing since a year after any android phone is released the firmware support falls into a black hole and they have been replaced with 12 other hot andriod phones. So you will be paying another couple hundred on your next device. After two years of owning my iphone I will be able to sell it in the unlocker market on craigslist for around $250 to $300 which will pay for my next iphone.

Then we get to the phrase iphone killer. The simple fact that phrase even exists points to its dominance in the industry. There has yet to be a mention of the phrase "S2 killer" and there will not be mention of an S3 killer.

The only other phone out this year that could be worth looking into is the Windows phone.

Last edited:

Wes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Android phones are too big...
Apple users NOW wanting a bigger screen after using their rivals...
Rumor Apple is buying 4" screens in droves...
Jobs said "No one is going to buy them..."

Which is it!? Taking a backseat for 2 years, and throwing one out isn't innovation. Next we'll see that Apple invented NFC. :rolleyes:

I don't want a bigger screen. I hope the rumors are false (they usually are). If the next iPhone is bigger I'll probably just go hold onto my iPhone 4. 2 years old and still works like a champ.

Gwiz3005

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I'm a suit....I got it...I love it...and it fits in my pants or jacket pocket just fine. It is also super thin and incredibly fast. I'm happy with the purchase, even waited in line yesterday.

More than anything though, I prefer Android to iOS.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: