jag10016

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Im planning a fish trip and id like to fish off a jetty on Long island. (hate being on a boat) If anyone knows a good spot that i can just park and take out the rods and fish, please let me know
Thanks Justin

jag10016

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Saltwaterin- where do you go in Montauk i was reading that you need some permits? Id like a place where i can just park and fish

Bigsink- Is the parking right by the water? do you need any funny permits?

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
There aren't many places on the Island that you can just park and fish. Most places (especially in Suffolk) require a night time fishing permit just to park. The best jetty fishing put this way is moriches inlet bit its an hour ride down the beach and you need a 4x4 and a beach permit to get there. Ponaquoge bridge is a cool place but watch out for parking tickets.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I used to fish the Fort Totten jetty. Gorgeous views, but lots of garbage and rats (which will steal your bait). All I ever caught there was a 3" bergall and a 10" striped bass. Never saw anyone catch anything decent there, at least brought in, but the regulars always claimed that it was good at times. The Mattituck Inlet jetty can be good..I've seen some big blues caught there. I'm not a fan of jetties. I hate the rocks, and I've had at least one painful fall. I also don't like to use the heavy tackle you need to pull fish up over the rocks. For shoreline fishing, why not try out some of the LI Sound beaches? Some of the North Fork beaches have a steep slope, so a simple cast will land your bait/lure in deep water. You do need parking permits though, but enforcement is inconsistent.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: