Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Hey guys i was wondering if someone can help me out. I have 2 speakers outside and i have speakers in my ceiling on floor 1 and 2. I also have 2 cameras front and back of house which also came with the house. Im wondering how to get the speakers outside to work. They came with the house prewired i can see the wires behind them running into the house.

Here are the speakers outside
EFAFE4D5-777E-4D85-B03A-E01DD22AA0C2-54930-000050F0E9DE1170.jpg

Behind the couch
7522BE83-B15E-4A4E-8524-71796FEB37E8-54930-000050F0E296E702.jpg

10BEB38A-28C8-4B4B-91B9-E819137C9E91-54930-000050F0D79FCC70.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated cause i have no freakin idea what to do. Thankyou

nyprdr

New Addict
Rating - 50%
3   3   0
get some clearer pictures.. but basically you have to connect an amp to it.. I believe Russound makes the amps for that system.. I'm not 100% sure though since I deal more with Crestron

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Thats all i have right now. Im pretty sure the abus one is for the interior speakers and i would guess the other set of connections is for the camera n the outside speakers. How would the amp get hooked up i have a onkyo receiver as well which i wad planning on hooking them up 2.

greybolt03

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
What are the scribbles next to all the hookups in second pic?
Do you have an amp you could hook it up to test?
I am no professional but would be able to swing by and give you a hand testing them and hooking them up for you..

Last edited:

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Ok you have a Onkyo receiver and speakers cool, now you need the music source. CD player, DVD, MP3, Blue Ray, PS3 etc. These are your audio inputs which goes at the back of the receiver remember audio input. You may need RCA Jacks or other.
Now your speakers, find the end of the wires in house. They should have RCA Jacks if they're cut off you can strip the ends BLACK and RED so a half inch of copper is visible. If your receiver doesn't carry the clip in wire capability you will probably have to get someone connect the RCA Jacks at the ends if you don't know how to do it.
Speaker wires go to the back of the receiver, audio output BLACK to BLACK and RED to RED. Output ports are paired, black and red or black and white. Now turn on your receiver and music device and enjoy...

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Look at a receiver that has a zone 2 output. You would just plug the speakers into that output. Nice thing is you can have the same input playing indoors and out or different if the situation calls for that.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Too bad I only carry Pro audio not home audio, so I do not info about the Abus.

I assume you do not have have the Abus controller there anymore nor will you get another one, correct?
If you can take clearer pics of the jacks, that would help me deduce what the pre-wiring is like.

To test which RCA connects to which speaker:
1) take a single "almost dead" AAA battery and connect two wires to the battery, 1 to the pos and the other to the neg
2)Insert one wire into the RCA jack and put the second wire on the outer portion of the connector.
3)after you find out which wire is connecting to which then then just connect a preamp to them.
4)connect your player of choice to the preamp.

Generally, receiver is a preamp.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: