thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I have the gs3 but on sprint. I have noticed that this phone gets better reception than my old phone. especiAlly since the update to the most current modem.

If there is Verizone service the. you should not have an issue.

if Verizon does not have service there than neither will anyone else.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I somewhat recently got rid of verizon (because of customer service) but their service as far as reception is 2nd to none. I had reception even in the basements of hospitals and hotels in the city and in NJ & PA.

I doubt you'll ever be dissatisfied with your reception.

My biggest issue with the SGS3 is that it doesn't zoom in on text too well even at it's largest setting. It does allow you to manually make the screen bigger but after you do that it no longer automatically fits the text to the screen and then it's like you have an iPhone all over again where you have to scroll up, down and left to right. Automaticlally fitting text to the page is something that android based phones are known for and IMO, it is lacking in that department.

Other than that it is a sweet phone and IMO is better than most phones out there.

I dunno about how good the new Moto Droids are but my Verizon Moto Droid 1st Gen was the best phone I ever had. Mazon56 has the new Moto Droid and says it is the best phone he's ever had.

jpellica

AKA Fraghunter
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Have u actually read and reviews by real people on the Verizon website on the phone link ? There are thousands biggest issue with the phone is dropped calls. If the person getting signal in a basement of a hospital he must be connecting to wifi because i dought a carrier is installing ap's in any basements. I have a droid razor max and since they updated to ice cream sandwich the service has been just awful. Lets hope jellybean fixes this major blunder.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Have u actually read and reviews by real people on the Verizon website on the phone link ? There are thousands biggest issue with the phone is dropped calls. If the person getting signal in a basement of a hospital he must be connecting to wifi because i dought a carrier is installing ap's in any basements. I have a droid razor max and since they updated to ice cream sandwich the service has been just awful. Lets hope jellybean fixes this major blunder.

Where do you experience such drop calls issue in Staten Island?

Please post a link for me to read. I just registered androidforums.com but did not find much info on the issue.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Have u dactually read and reviews by real people on the Verizon website on the phone link ? There are thousands biggest issue with the phone is dropped calls. If the person getting signal in a basement of a hospital he must be connecting to wifi because i dought a carrier is installing ap's in any basements. I have a droid razor max and since they updated to ice cream sandwich the service has been just awful. Lets hope jellybean fixes this major blunder.

I've probably had more phones with more carriers than most between work and personal. At times I even carried 3 phones (not by choice...1 was personal).

I've had Nextel for too many years and you have to be half a contortionist to get a crappy signal. Never worked ina basement and didn't work half the time no matter where I was.

Sprint... had it for a year with Blackberry. Slow and spotty at best with too many gargled calls.

T-mobile for a few years and dead spots were horrible. Never worked in a basement and better coverage in metro areas but never out side of metro areas.

Cingular/AT&T.... for a few years on and off and never really had any complaints. Rarely a signal in a basement.

Verizon.... for about 5 years and had signal in the Boonies and for some reason I could have even been in basements and sometimes sub-basements and had a decent chance of still having a signal. It's possible that wi-fi had something to do with it but some of these buildings didn't have wi=fi so in some cases it had nothing to do with it.

Dropped calls don't bother me as much as not being able to get a signal. It's a lot worse not being able to get a signal for minutes/hours or the entire day because you're in an area that has no reception with that carrier. There's nothing perfect about cell phone technology. Unfortunetly it isn't the same as a landline so dropped calls imo are par for the course but I can't stand a carrier thta flat out has no servioe in so many areas.

If their reliability has suffered than that really sucks but now their coverage would be more in ilne with their customer service....absolutely horrible! IME

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
I've probably had more phones with more carriers than most between work and personal. At times I even carried 3 phones (not by choice...1 was personal).

I've had Nextel for too many years and you have to be half a contortionist to get a crappy signal. Never worked ina basement and didn't work half the time no matter where I was.

Sprint... had it for a year with Blackberry. Slow and spotty at best with too many gargled calls.

T-mobile for a few years and dead spots were horrible. Never worked in a basement and better coverage in metro areas but never out side of metro areas.

Cingular/AT&T.... for a few years on and off and never really had any complaints. Rarely a signal in a basement.

Verizon.... for about 5 years and had signal in the Boonies and for some reason I could have even been in basements and sometimes sub-basements and had a decent chance of still having a signal. It's possible that wi-fi had something to do with it but some of these buildings didn't have wi=fi so in some cases it had nothing to do with it.

Dropped calls don't bother me as much as not being able to get a signal. It's a lot worse not being able to get a signal for minutes/hours or the entire day because you're in an area that has no reception with that carrier. There's nothing perfect about cell phone technology. Unfortunetly it isn't the same as a landline so dropped calls imo are par for the course but I can't stand a carrier thta flat out has no servioe in so many areas.

If their reliability has suffered than that really sucks but now their coverage would be more in ilne with their customer service....absolutely horrible! IME

This is why I will stick with Sprint. While yes their coverage is not the best (but I heard from an inside source in Sprint, that they are going to be adding a bunch of towers to NNJ), I will stick with them.

Sprint Roams on Verizon's network so I will really NEVER not have a signal :) and with a rooted phone you can force the phone to roam....

I know that this is a little off topic. But I know that the GS3 has gotten a new update for a new modem (at least on Sprint). Also another benefit for tech savy people is to be able to install the modem that works best for them. :)

With the latest "LG8" modem my signal has gotten better.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
It was a mocking experience when the Con Ed meter guy walking around in my basement talking HAPPILY with his Verizon while I get one or zero signal with my AT&T so I already ruled out the At&T wireless. Many of my customers who used AT&T did not believed AT&T is bad in my area until they visit me more often and got scolded by their wives that they are avoiding their calls. LOL.:lol_large:lol_large

I do know Verizon customer service is horrible too-it's like a DNA thing in all the telephone company ecosystem.

Last edited:

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Not only SI but in Manhattan, BK, central and south NJ,PA it may work in 1 spot full bars then hangs in limbo for 3 to 4 min a few minutes later. These issues became more apparent after the os upgrade to IC

The S3 comes stock with ICS. Not sure what you mean after OS upgrade. Perhaps you are referring to the S2 which has a lot of issues after the upgrade to ICS?

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
OMG, the Samsung Note2 releasing next month is also too interesting with the pressure sensitive pen and Photoshop touch software, 8M camera and 4G too?
Internal storage upto 64G??? wow. Removable storage of upto 64G. I can ditch my laptop in most cases now.

Yeah I know the pen may not be as accurate as Wacom on PC but so far everyone who tested it with the Note 2 in Europe love it.

Check this video out especially at time 22:00 on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-aa...D9epCyxDyYFJ8aDkfN1Ox3d3xL8pW87IVdntsUUczm8SQ

I hope Verizon has them!

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: