thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I have a gently used iPhone, not a year old and surprisingly never been dropped or thrown!

I was talking on the phone and it shut off, and no it didn't run out of battery life. It was at 74% when i left work. Before i got home it shut off.
I can turn it back on, any ideas?

Last edited:
Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
I think it's software crashes. I run into the same issue once a while in the past especially when you go thru too many apps. Whenever, my phone go sluggish, I power down/power up, it runs OK. You may have to do the top button and the bezel button combo simultaneously couple times before it turns back on.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Hold the Home (Bottom Button) and the Sleep button (Top of phone) for 10 seconds, you should see an Apple logo. If you do, it'll boot. If not, plug it into your Mac/PC and open up iTunes. If it is in restore mode, you'll have an option to restore it -- you WILL lose your data, so resort to this step for last.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Hold the Home (Bottom Button) and the Sleep button (Top of phone) for 10 seconds, you should see an Apple logo. If you do, it'll boot. If not, plug it into your Mac/PC and open up iTunes. If it is in restore mode, you'll have an option to restore it -- you WILL lose your data, so resort to this step for last.

1+ well said was going to say the same thing

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
You do need to make an appointment.
Before going to the store you should back up your phones info in your PC/MAC otherwise you will loose what ever you have in your phone.

What happens when you plug your phone into your lap top?

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
When i updated my iPhone software from my laptop I did loose all my information contacts email etc.

Are you saying that you sync'ed your iPhone, and you lost all your info?
That has never happened to my iPhone. Any time I plug it into my lap top it sync with no issues, and never have I lost anything. As well as updating software. That is very strange.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
I'm still trying to understand this. You plugged the phone into your laptop, it synced, you updated software, and lost every thing.
I don't understand it because I have always updated my iPhones (from my 1st. one to the current iPhone 4), and never lost any info what so ever. I even just did it right now, and still did not loose anything.

xxxAngeloxxx

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I'm still trying to understand this. You plugged the phone into your laptop, it synced, you updated software, and lost every thing.
I don't understand it because I have always updated my iPhones (from my 1st. one to the current iPhone 4), and never lost any info what so ever. I even just did it right now, and still did not loose anything.

All this happen was when Apple released the new iPhone 4s software to the original iPhone 4 3G. I was told it was due to the fact the Apple serves were busy updating everyones iPhone 4 3G. So my phone ended up loosing everything. I even called up Apples and told them what happenend. I was on the phone from 8 pm to 11pm and still nothing was solved.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: