tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
lost power since monday night and doesn't look like the power will be restored for a while....wife went online and rockland electrics posted expected date at nov. 11th!!!

it's just days shy of a year ago when i had 90+% lost of livestock from the kalk reactor.

running out of gas for the generator that's running the bare essentials on the tank. anyone within 20 miles of 07446 has extra gas or even empty gas cans, plmk. if it's worth the drive (i get about 20 mpg) i'll come pick up.

thanks, tom

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90% of gas stations in central / south jersey are operational. If you can make the drive then you should be able to stock up on as much as possible especially since there' sa restriction up here now.

My co-workers said Trenton area around Broad Street has gas, around New Brunswick may be an 1 hour wait. I would think any gas station on the turnpike even central or south would have a line so best to go to one off the highways.

beerfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
lost power since monday night and doesn't look like the power will be restored for a while....wife went online and rockland electrics posted expected date at nov. 11th!!!

Tom,

We had the same date expected on the site and we just got power back an hour ago. My tank wasn't on a generator, but it looks like everything survived with the battery powered air pump. It's getting back to temp now and I'm making RO/DI water. If you need to bring anything over we're not far away. Can't help with gas, but if you want to store some prize corals, call me. I'll PM my number now.

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
Best of luck Tom. I wish i could help.

thanks phil. i hope all is well with you and your reef friends.

Tom I just filled up my wifes truck, and have 3 containers of about 5 gallons if you need.

thanks richie, i'll call you if it comes to that.

90% of gas stations in central / south jersey are operational. If you can make the drive then you should be able to stock up on as much as possible especially since there' sa restriction up here now.

My co-workers said Trenton area around Broad Street has gas, around New Brunswick may be an 1 hour wait. I would think any gas station on the turnpike even central or south would have a line so best to go to one off the highways.

thanks for the tip.

Tom,

We had the same date expected on the site and we just got power back an hour ago. My tank wasn't on a generator, but it looks like everything survived with the battery powered air pump. It's getting back to temp now and I'm making RO/DI water. If you need to bring anything over we're not far away. Can't help with gas, but if you want to store some prize corals, call me. I'll PM my number now.

thanks for the offer. we still don't have power:mad:

thursday morning, i waited about 2+ hrs from around 6 am for a small amount of gas since i had only two containers...one was borrowed from mike(real deal).
then a bit of good news, sonny (reef fixation) gave me a tip on a hardware store not too far away that was getting delivery of generators and gas cans. went there and waited for the shipment. 5 or 6 hrs later came home with some gas cans and a reconditioned generator. a little overpriced but at least it wasn't an arm and a leg....just the forearm up to the elbow.....lol.
started the day before 5 am....got home about 7 pm. was too tired to go wait for gas. ate and crashed until 11 then tended to the "new reconditioned" generator....the gas gauge was broken and i think there's a leak somewhere....lost another 4-5 gallons on that!!!!
friday morning, left the house at 4 am to get in line for gas. was the 5th car on the line with my wife's truck but the place wasn't opening until 6 am. the darn battery died after only 30-45 mins of flashers. good thing it was near home, the wife found a jumper cable and came to the rescue.
we were somewhat "lucky" on the reconditioned generator....they refunded the money even though there were signs everywhere that generator is final sale no exchange or refund, only repair.

so right now i'm holding up ok.....the animals are fine. lost a couple of frags plus some corals, especially the acro's, are starting to suffer. no lights since monday.....generator not big enough for the halides.
not giving up the fight just yet.:thrash:

tomtoothdoc

GOLFER WANNABE
Rating - 100%
390   0   0
Tom,
This is most likely a pointless offer, but i have a AI sol light you could borrow.

thanks phil....not pointless at all. appreciated the offer but can't get into the city at this time....minimum 3 people to drive into the city. plus now jersey had implemented the odd/even days according to your license plate on buying gas.

i turned on the supplemental leds and 2 vho's on the main tank hopefully that will help holding them off until the power comes back. i do have an ai on the refugium tank.
i wonder how long can macro (chaeto, red gracilaria, and some other unidentified species in the algae tank) go without lights.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: