dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Do you think we should still have a Marathon?

I read the paper this morning and completely agree that it should be canceled but want to know what MR thinks.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
No. The marathon should be postponed. The city is in turmoil. If the runners still want to come hand them some shovels and send them to queens, brooklyn and staten island. They could do something productive like help clean up.

bklynreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
This marathon at this point in time would be the most neglectful thing the city can do if the let it run. I don't get it, cancel obama visit to ny, cancel Halloween but let the marathon continue??? What is wrong with these people?
We have citizens of ny without shelter, water, food, gas ect and so on. Shows what the priorities are in these peoples lives are? The runners should be coming out and saying NO Marathon. All for selfishness

Imbarrie

PADI Dive Inst
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I think the officials helping to organize the Marathon could be better spending their time in the outer boroughs helping people get back on their feet.
This time Bloomberg is going in a direction I find disrespectful to the many people suffering and continue to suffer until power and gasoline returns to normal.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Not to mention but the city workers that are helping people who need it will be pulled off to babysit the marathon runners and their observers. Aren't they best left helping people then watching a bunch of people who are running?

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
It can go both ways, the people running in the marathon pay $26 each to run, they said the money they raise will help everyone in NYC get back to normal. How much of that $$ will the people of NY actually see who knows, but that are saying it will happen to raise $$.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
At some point in time during a tragic event like this money has no value!! I think the people who payed the messily 26 bucks should consider it a donation to the nyc relief fund and they should run from Brooklyn into Staten Island with supplies to clean up and help those broken hearted people who have been left to suffer on Staten Island !! Just my opinion!!

MeanGreenEyes

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I think that it should be postponed...the city should be ashamed of themselves for pushing ahead with the marathon at this point in time...a race should be the last d@mn thing they are worried about while so many are still suffering...

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
these marathon runners should use their energy to help those in the power outage zones, esp those high rises that elderly people are trapped in and can't walk down the stairs, bring gallons of water up n down the stairs. much more rewarding than finishing a marathon that blocks traffic and causes delays. just sayin

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Well what about a slow down then? They are required to be there but not how fast to do there job. Sanitation pick up one bottle every 5 minutes. Police officers set the barriers up 1 every 5 minutes. Got to be something the city workers can do to protest

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I see how the revenue is important and will bring much needed money but what good will all that be if some new yorkers dont make it long enough to see the benefit of the marathon.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: