KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Thank you so much for the kind words, they are very much appreciated!
:grouphug:

We had a rough day yesterday with the generator as it stopped running for a few hours..I almost lost it :( All fixed now, but was so scared for a while there.
A HUGE thanks to Jimmy - you are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :kiss:

Going to try one last time to get these pics up..I just lost the entire post, no idea whay I have such bad luck posting pics?...

The tree that fell on the house I stayed at during the storm
photopine.jpg

A couple of views of my town when I first arrived back
photocarwash.jpg

photogasstation.jpg

What my dock now looks like
photomydock.jpg

More of the dock..no idea how we are going to fix this mess :(
photodockotherend.jpg

The head of my canal..none of those boats belong to any of those folks. You should be able to keep whatever lands in your yard - right?

photoHeadofcanal.jpg

This telephone pole needs to be moved to the side of the road no?
phototelephonepole.jpg

You can't see all of the boats that are beneath my friends boat in the middle there..and there are a number more under the house boat. They started lifting these out by crane yesterday. The entire marina that was to the right (behind me) is totally destroyed.

photoelena.jpg

The yellow boat was at the house next to where I dock. I watched the guy tie her up the day I took my boat out of the water..it is about a half mile - via water - from where it was docked in this pic.
photoodyssey.jpg

My friends the swans :) I am in awe of them and how they made it through the storm. Emily (with the tag around her neck) and Fred (far right) he hurt his foot during the storm but can still swim! ..and 2 of the kids..
photorestoffamily.jpg

..and the other 2 kids...I adore these guys...
photo2kids.jpg

Somehow we will all bounce back..at least we have each other!

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Not sure how am I going to get through this post without having to give myself an infraction for using foul language...

@#&^%$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally got out of my house for a couple of hours tonight and got back a short time ago to discover that LIPA (who I am not overly fond of to start with) stopped by to advise us that beginning tomorrow morning at 7AM and running through 7PM Saturday night that someone must be at home so we can be certified that our power can be turned back on AND we must sign an Affidavit..and mail it in to LIPA that our electric (the panel I presume, and no it wasn't) was not underwater at all.

btw - there are 3,000 homes between Island Park and the area I live in that they will need to check..no idea if the poor folks in Long Beach also get their power from the same place...

Here's the part that is getting me twisted..

AFTER they do all of these house checks - they said it will be at least 2 MORE WEEKS before they turn the power back on here...

Because THEY have yet to fix the &^%$ LIPA plant that went up in a hell of a light show on the night of the hurricane.

Which LIPA Rocket Scientist designed a WATER COOLED plant (what this one here is) and FAILED to take into consideration that an overly high tide would require them to keep THEIR damned wires OUT OF THE WATER????????????

..already paying through the nose to run the generator (about 12 gallons per day) to run my oil furnace (@3.75/gallon) and now it will go on for another 2 weeks...I should be grateful I have some sort of power here, but at the moment I am so utterly disgusted...

I'd go pick the $ off the money tree in the yard but the hurricane blew them all over...

..and I will have to find someone to house sit the generator during the days I need to be at the swap so my tanks (knock wood) continue to stay warm..swell.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: