thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
You are much better off setting up your router to be able to do the update for you. The client updater is not needed with FIOS. You can enter your no-ip information right into the router and it will keep it updated automatically.

Especially if you do go on vacation and shut down the computer. as long as your router is running then it will keep it updated.

IP does not change that often, they are dynamic, but seem to stay the same for a while.

miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You are much better off setting up your router to be able to do the update for you. The client updater is not needed with FIOS. You can enter your no-ip information right into the router and it will keep it updated automatically.

Especially if you do go on vacation and shut down the computer. as long as your router is running then it will keep it updated.

IP does not change that often, they are dynamic, but seem to stay the same for a while.

Ok I logged in the router spend some time with the links articles ...can t figure it out which options to choose to let the router update the no IP host with the changing IP address.

Where can I update it?
Thx bunch.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I just installed the noip duc v3.0.4 for Windows, setup for run on start up.

Now everything is fine. But how often does ip address change?

If I'm say out of the country for a month should nt the pc or laptop be run in that router to update the dynamic ip when the duc runs. How can I do that?
Thx

Btw my host is foscamfish.no-ip.info

Cool. Address shouldn't change often, but its entirely up to the provider. Unless there's an infrastructure change, most of the time the leases are renewed.

jay1513

Just Member
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Ok I logged in the router spend some time with the links articles ...can t figure it out which options to choose to let the router update the no IP host with the changing IP address.

Where can I update it?
Thx bunch.

All you have to do to your FOIS router is port forwarding (Foscam IP to Port (example 192.168.1.101 port 8033) - Login to FOIS - Port Forwarding-Create new port forwarding (look for your IP Cam in the drop down)- Application to forward should be custom Port - TCP - Port # (Any 4 digit # like 8030/8031/8032 ect.)

https://www.no-ip.com - Host to your FIOS IP (Login-Manage Host-Add a Host-Create a hostname (example - miserkris.no-ip.org) - IP Address (this IP should be the same as your FIOS IP located on your "My Router" tab IP address)

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0

miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thx for your suggestions , will try them all.

Another issue is that I can 't access my camera from my work ( IE) , why is that? If its a gateway issue then this can happen say when I am on vaca in another country too right?!

( Able to access it from my droid's app & browser too, and in my home PC using IE,G )

miserkris

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
All you have to do to your FOIS router is port forwarding (Foscam IP to Port (example 192.168.1.101 port 8033) - Login to FOIS - Port Forwarding-Create new port forwarding (look for your IP Cam in the drop down)- Application to forward should be custom Port - TCP - Port # (Any 4 digit # like 8030/8031/8032 ect.)

https://www.no-ip.com - Host to your FIOS IP (Login-Manage Host-Add a Host-Create a hostname (example - miserkris.no-ip.org) - IP Address (this IP should be the same as your FIOS IP located on your "My Router" tab IP address)

The confusion here is that the port fwd was already effective without me touching the router! I AM able to see camera from outside (droid 4G).

Also I don't see the "add" button or any option for 'Create new port forwarding rule'....SO I GAVE UP !:screama: :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: