Rating - 100%
51   0   0
i feed wellness mixed with evo, also feed my lil guy frozen patty's everyday with the dry food, i might switch to the same diet jimmy uses! maybe!.

just read all the ingredients and look out for preservatives and stuff like that or wheat. no good! lol aka (lams, Purina , anything from big company's)

shookONES

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Earthborn brand. It's the best food on the market, hands down. I mix 27lbs "primitive natural" with 16lbs "coastal catch". My pup is 13 months old and has gotten 3 baths her entire life. Her coat is shiny and smooth as silk and she's never had a hiccup as far as her health is concerned.

I have friends that breed $5-10,000 bully pits and they don't use anything but Earthborn.

al0ha

The Inked Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
as a pup i use hundchen flocken puppy- solid gold and after 6 months i switched over to merricks... my doggie seems to like merricks. all natural ingredients and tasty. can't go wrong with grilled chicken, brown rice and peas

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
ANY prepared(cooked) food in a bag has its downfalls. NOTHING is better than a raw diet. It's been proven time and time again. It's just most people won't spend the money to do it, or are freaked out because they're not able to escape the old school train of thought that we have all known since childhood.

I won't get into a lengthy debate but dogs- no matter the breed are descendants of wolves. There is no such thing as kibble or cooked meats or rice that they look to eat in the wild.

They're systems are designed to eat raw meat and bone. That is a fact.
That is why so many people's dogs sometime in their life have stomach and/or skin issues. This is due to that ALL kibble has a lot of empty calories.

Many companies brag on all the great fruit and veggies in their food. That's all great but its all cooked at the same temperature and then pressed. The protein and a few other ingredients retain their nutritional value but most are cooked way past the temp that their value is lost. They now become filler.

One of the main things that prove this is the amount the dog poops. Most people's dogs that I know are on kibble poop 3-5 times a day. Mine and all others I know dogs that are on prey model raw poop once a day and not a lot when they do go. This is because there is nothing in the food that the body can't use like in kibble.

My one girl Bella had stomach issues with kibble to the point I had to take her to the E-Vet. I switched them to raw the next day which I was planning on doing anyways the very next day and she hasn't had an issue since.

Yet another couple of signs that they do much better on raw is I know more than a handful of people who's dogs had skin issues and foodallergies against certain proteins the dogs entire life and had tried every kibble on the market to no avail, switched to raw and the issues completely subsided. In fact a lot of the time time a dog that is allergic to let's say a lamb based kibble are not allergic and have no issues with lamb in raw form, only when cooking do they have reactions to it. I don't know why but it happens. Raw is also great for that aspect that if a dog has a reaction to a particular protein it's at least 2 weeks before you add another protein in the beginning so you can identify exactly what negatively effects your dog and can avoid feeding that particular protein unlike with kibble which is a guessing game unless you have tests done.

My girls when on kibble would sit so politely and eat but without enthusiasm. Now they cry and whine until I out their food down and once done eating, lick their own bowls and then each others bowls.

The last thing ill mention about the raw diet is my 2 don't drink much water. The diet keeps them hydrated well because like our bodies the meat when raw has very high water content so it naturally keeps them hydrated.

I'm not saying that all kibble is crap or low quality food but most are ehh. Even the best known have had recalls. Diamond makes most of the upper eschalon foods and they have had lots of problems and violations in their factories. I have never once seen a recall on raw meat and that's strictly because no human processes it.

Also the sad part is that veterinarian school does not really have but a handful of hours of nutrition of food training so most, not all but most are limited in their knowledge food wise.

Just a little read for anyone interested.

http://www.thewholedog.org/artcarnivores.html

NewfiDog

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything jimmy has there is 100 percent fact and true. I have done endless hours of research on so called dog food. Im not going to type to much there just is to much, but fact is there is no such thing as a good dry dog food it is not possible to make. All the ingrdients and nutritional facts on the bag are before it is processed which removes all the nutrition. Your dog needs no potatoes, rice, flour or any other types of grain these are cheap fillers.

Do your dog a big healthy favor and do a good balanced raw diet or if you dont wish to, a high end canned food. There are very good canned foods but they are very expensive, you need to buy in bulk online.

If you are at all interested just research it online you will be amazed when you learn the truth like how Hills the vet recommended food is one of the worst on the market and was the first to have the FDA go after them for killing dogs and cats.

You also will most likley have to ignore your vet as they are going to tell you, you will kill the dog with salmonella.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: