• Why not take a moment to introduce yourself to our members?

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Before Hurricane Sandy I thought I was prepared, I had water, gas for my generator, food etc. and when Sandy hit I was fine as my generator powered my home for the 4 days that I had no power. But there was no gas to be had on Long Island so I had to siphon gas out of my cars and boat.
Today I ran a natural gas pipe to a location outside my house and connected a natural gas conversion kit to my generator. Now the machine runs on natural gas and gasoline. I hope I never have to use it but now if the power goes out, I can run my generator indefinately and not have to worry about the gas supply.
I wish I could run my car on the stuff but I am thinking of converting one of my cars to run on propane for the times when I can't get gas. :idea:

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
but what if you dont have any propane and you need to buy some and a storm comes and knocks out all the power and the stores are closed then what>???!

Gracias

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
hey Paul,

Where did you get your kit from? I looked into a couple of companies after Sandy but they were all to busy and backed up for months

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Now I just need to run the 50amp line to the side of the house..
I am running that tomorrow. The one I have been using is on the other side of my house from the gas pipe so I will just install another one. I am an electrician so it is not a problem.

but what if you dont have any propane and you need to buy some and a storm comes and knocks out all the power and the stores are closed then what>???!

I go to your house, I am in Whitestone every few days anyway so we can have a party.

Where did you get your kit from? I looked into a couple of companies after Sandy but they were all to busy and backed up for months

It took me all this time to be able to get a kit. I got it from http://www.propanecarbs.com/small_engines.html

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: