picod

Reefer Chick
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hello MR,

I know this is a great community with a lot of animal lovers, and so I am reaching out to you guys and gals...
As a lot of you know, I do volunteer animal rescue, and just recently I helped out a group with a momma Pitbull and her two puppies. The puppies were adopted to great homes, but now the momma, Delilah, needs a home. I have been fostering her since January, and as attached as I am to her, I am not going to be able to keep her. My 3 cats were born blind, and she wants to play with them, and it is just unfair for the cats as they are terrified by her presence, plus I'd like to help out another animal family, and if I keep her, I just cannot foster any more.
If anyone is interested, please PM me. The home will need to be visited by the organization I am fostering for, and there is an adoption fee. She has been spayed and is up to date on all of her vaccinations. She tested positive for heartworm (extremely common for most outdoor dogs from the south) and will be treated before adoption.
Thanks in advance!
danielle
delilah_all_pic_zps65203ae3.jpg

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Good job on your part. I know all too well how this is..Im the owner of 5 dogs, only 1 of which is mine. Unfortunately I have no vacancy, or room for another, but Im sure she will find a good home. Its sad when these people breed the dog over and over just for $$ and you can see the life sucked out of them each time.:irked: Good luck on finding her a home she looks sweet.

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Thats awesome i work at a dep plant i rescue a 3 month old.kitten over a year ago best animal i ever had next to my other cat who passed. I just took a 3 week old kitten last week he is so special. Your doing a great thing i hope she finds a good forever home

picod

Reefer Chick
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thank you, everyone, for your support!!

@Kris: I wish you could adopt her! Sadly, it seems like it takes a long time to place these dogs due to the unfair stereotyping, so please let me know once you have settled in if you are still interested. I am hoping she will be adopted by then, but I'm not holding my breath.

Thanks again, all!

picod

Reefer Chick
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Delilah has a potential home, well two actually.

A very nice lady filled out an application for her through the rescue group I am fostering for, and is coming from Massachusetts to meet her on Saturday.
The other potential adopter is me. I have become very attached to her, and if there is no magic between her and this lady on Saturday, I may be a new dog owner...
This was her today:
http://youtu.be/Lj-J8Bpq-Xc

enjoy!

danielle

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: