dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Hey mr.

Any nissan techs out here?!

I need some help/advice.

Here the situation:

On monday while looking for parking my car started trembling and then didnt want to move. I accelerated and finally noticed it started to move very slow but didnt change gears. At first I thought the transmission fluid was over heating and just needed to cool down. So I parked it right awat, mighy have bern just a block later. I figured by the am it should be back to normal. It wasnt, so I turned it off and then turned it back on. That seemed to do thr trick. I was wrong and discovered that 3 miles later so I did the same thing and dropped it off at my parent a few blocks from where I was.

The muranos check ingine light was on so I had it looked at by autozone. The code is 0746 so I googled it andIit seems so be a sensor or another sensor located in the cvt transmission. My car is stil covered but I was wondering if they will still try to get me for something...

I am leaving the car with the on Monday morning and wanted to see if anyone can share any info or help me out. Hate to go not knowing what to expect then having to pay a crazy bill.

Thanks for reading the lengthy post!

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Whats up D, when I was at the dealership the other day I noticed on the service form the hourly rate for a service repair is $149 an hour. If your car is a finanace or lease under warranty im sure they wont hit you for the parts but usually get you for the labor (Service) costs (Usually want 3-4 hours of labor)...unless you can blame it on them. Have you taken it in for the scheduled services/ oil changes? if you haven't then it will show in their records and im sure they will have you pay for parts and labor...whatever you do avoid Teddy Nissan on Boston Road (Customer service sucks, they dont care about the customer). I'd call and speak to a manager before you go so you know what to expect. sorry to hear man.:hug:

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I already spoke to them and all my regular maint serv have been done. Just not by them and I do have records to back it up. The car is under warranty and if its the transmission its covered but I just want to be sure it is. Rather than finding out it was a simple fuse or something that takes 5 min to fix then having to shell ouy 500. I jut hate getting ripped by them, its the same bs at every dealership. Its just how they work.

fancy

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
if i was you i will call another dealership first and make sure theres no recalls out on your vehicle. as far as them getting you for something else all they can do is recommend work needed but you have the last say its still you car., service advisors and mechanics get payed of work weather is covered or not however they do make bonus or as they call it spiffs for extra work sold on the car. what they will do is take your car in and duplicate your concern after that, they will give your car a "safety multi car inspection" which involves checking the car for work that needs to be done, some might be needed some can wait its up 2 you to authorize it. i worked as service advisor for several years thats how i know, also ask if they have loaner cars that way if you do agree to any work atleast you`ll have a new car for a few days lol. good luck

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
where do you see a 2007 is covered by warranty ? drive train is 5yr's and or 60k which ever comes first, and not all parts are covered on drive train, a code is just a starting point for a diag, they pending mileage and or if it is within the time frame, may still need you to authorize the diag for it in case it isnt covered by the warranty if there is any, if you have a extended warranty you will have to authorize the diag in case it isnt covered either
btw i work at a dealership

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i am not a nissan tech but from what i know those CVT transmissions are big trouble.. Audis have a similar problem with that type of transmission, So your car is not all wheel drive right. Try to post your question in a nissan forum, i am hoping you do not need a new transmission.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
i Have an extended warrantee and from what i was told from the dealer is that the transmission warrantee was extended to 120k miles and i didnt even mentioned i had the extended warrantee. They just asked for year and model.

So i dropped it off today, they will call me when they find the issue. I really dont have any other choice i need the car fixed. Lets see how big and costly this issue would come out to be if it turns out not to be the transmission.

BTW i am not sure if it was extended to 120k miles for all years, i only asked about my 2007 murano. Not sure if its because i purchased certified used or not.

Wish i would have kept my 02 mustang gt!! Never had any issues with that pony. I still dream about her...

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
btw they also asked how many miles i have on the care. I told them its 62k miles and they said bring it in. If its the trans its still under warrantee till 120k.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
if its under warranty, then you have nothing to worry about. you know your car don't give them consent to do any other work besides trans warranty work. they don't make much on warranty so if they can sell you something, and you let them they will.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
So I received a call todayfrom a tech and here is what is going on:

Need new transmission + motormounts. Fortunately my transmission is covered but the motor mounts are not andin order to fix the transmission they will also need to replace the motormounts. Total cost 800 that covers the parts and labor for the motor mounts.

Here is the additionalcharges that are recommended:

Need to replace the leftouter ?tie rode?= 240

Need a wheel alignment = 130

Need to replace drive beltsand service ?pullies?. = 240

At the moment I just askedthem to take care of the transmission that is covered and the motor mountsbecause they said they must. But I really think my motor mounts are covered I justneed to find the paperwork so I can call them back or show up with proof whenthe car is ready.

I don?t understand why at 60kmiles I am having these typed of issues. I had a 02 mustang gt that was abeast! At 67k miles it still drove like it only had 10k and never gave me anyissues. Aren?t these cvt transmissions better?!

To be honest I really don?t thinkthese certified used cars are actually tested at all. I only had the car forabout 3 years and I have visited a Nissan dealer more than I have done oilchanges and I do them religiously. When I first purchased the car I test droveit and it seems perfect in a paved road so I purchased it. When I got home BX Ihit a small speed bump and heard a noise coming from the suspension area. Noproblem they fixed it and I had my car back the next day. Following month theblower isn?t working, at the time I didn?t know what it was or why the heat wasn?tcoming out. I was told not to worry that something was stuck and its beenremoved. Had to return a few weeks later, bad blower but good thing it wascovered and replaced with the warrantee. Although they did a crapy job; I noticedwhile changing my filters that all the screws were missing and the cap to myfuses but I still managed to keep the car since I was already making paymentson it. I just didn?t want to make the trip and wait so long, I just had a baby Ididn?t need any more stress. Now almost two years later I now have this.

I think its just another fancy word to getpeople to pay more.

Sorry needed to vent. Going to write a review for the dealer the car was purchased from then another for theshop that fixes the transmission. This time I will be more careful and look throughthe work?

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Damn D, sorry to hear it, Lease man, these Bx roads are hard on the car. give it back in 3 years and get a new one. Ask them how much is the trade in value once its fixed and jump into a lease.

Rating - 100%
87   0   0
There is a very fine line between certified and true certified cars. When I was looking at nissans a couple of months ago I was sick.

Many dealerships put the words certified and they aren't a true certified car.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
its warranty their going to look to make money one way or another. if its a front wheel drive, they most likely have to disconnect mounts anyway. so its easy money for them.

i just priced mounts for my blazer, about $15.oo a piece from rock auto. but thats my own labor. price the parts on rock auto, the mark up is a crime.

dherrera83

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
its warranty their going to look to make money one way or another. if its a front wheel drive, they most likely have to disconnect mounts anyway. so its easy money for them.

i just priced mounts for my blazer, about $15.oo a piece from rock auto. but thats my own labor. price the parts on rock auto, the mark up is a crime.

The motor mounts on these are different like most newer cars. These new mounts arent simply rubber and are more complex' they actually move and is called an electro-hyd motor mount. Only the base model has the regular motor mounts that cost ~50 bucks. I was able to find an OEM motor mounts for ~200. So i am assuming they are charging me ~600 for the labor.

Here is a link to an aftermarket part i found:

http://www.carid.com/2007-nissan-mu...&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CO7Kl8bmkrYCFdGd4AodBlwAAQ

So i am going to call other shops and see what the cost would be for he same service and see if the rates are the same.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: