evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Sorry, I am getting amped up even more since I'm going! Any other boxing fans must be excited for tomorrow's fight!

Who you got?

My first boxing event and all I want to see is a KO. I don't care if it's my boy Donaire or preferably Rigondeaux!

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I'm a big fan of the sweet science, I've seen Rigondeaux once only, and I was very impressed with his punch. However.... Donaire is the bigger guy in this fight, younger, and a bit stronger than Rigondeaux. Conclusion : Donaire wins but it won't be as easy as his past 4 fights.... In my humble opinion.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I definitely agree that Rigondeaux is a little different but I think he is a bit more untested than I would like. Since he got tagged in his last fight and showed a possible weak chin, what do you think Donaire would do with a vicious left hook?

I will be very interested once that first huge bomb gets thrown to see how well rigo takes it.

Rigo is a variable.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
If his corner is prepare (Rigondeaux) they have him prepare to block the jab, move to the sides and then try to land some kind of hook, without getting on Donaire's path. Donaire's fight is based on smelling blood, once he feels that his punches are felt, he keeps targeting the same area. Rigondeaux has to make Donaire work for every combination attempt. By moving laterally.... Side to side with out stopping.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Rigondeaux is quick as well. So that would work strategically well. If he can get donaire to try hard, especially since donaire likes to please his audience, he will eventually open up then rigo can catch him.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I was highly disappointed with Donaire. He was loading up all night and more of a Floyd vs Mosley fight.

It was extremely boring and wasn't worth the 400+ I spent that night.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I disagree but understand that from your point of view the fight was boring being there seeing live, ( I've been there before) but when you see the bout on tv, there's so much more to be seen. The strategy that Rigondeaux applied to Donaire was almost flawless. The leg movement and the speed was something that Donaire wasn't prepare for. None of his last 4 contenders had the quality and technique that Rigondeaux displayed.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Yeah, I still haven't watched a replay. I was watching in person and wasn't face up like on TV. I love the atmosphere but unless I am ringside then I won't watch another fight.

They don't give the amount of necessary commentary or information on the overhead screens. Obviously, main reason to not show what is being said across the ring.

Watching it in person you feed off the vibe of the crowd as well as what you see. What I saw 90% of each round was rigo running and pot shooting. A floyd like performance that I am not really appreciative of when I am paying to see it live. The funny part is the undercards were almost ALL KNOCKOUTS. The two prior were 1st round knockouts.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: