Status
Not open for further replies.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Duke the problem with the e-cigs is that it supports the habit. The physical habit of smoking was always more difficult for me to overcome than the nicotine addiction. When you want to quit you need to get the idea of smoking out of your head. KNOW that you will never smoke again no matter what. KNOW that each day you will feel more healthy and take a deep breath with no mucus congestion.

I quit 2 years ago after a visit to Dr.Naso in Staten Island. He teaches you how to think to beat cravings, and then gives you some sort of laser treatment to you ear. It feels weird but it's amazing how you can feel your craving disappear instantly. Best 200 that I ever spent.

Last edited:

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I used the blu ones for a while. it just made me more addicted as all of a sudden I was smoking in my apartment, in the office, in the taxi on the way to the office, etc.

what really worked for me was Chantix, but it gave me some messed up dreams. the kind of dreams you will never tell another person about, truly f**ked up.

That said, I haven't had a butt in 18 months, and was a pack a day smoker for years.

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
be carefull with that chantix i tried it had bad reactions ,blacked out and had a full blown seizure and stopped breathing,because of that s*** i am on seizure medication for the rest of my life,also in a clsss action law suit against the makers but probably will never see a dime. I just got the patch just gotta figure out when I can make myself use it smoke 2 1/2 packs a day.. cant go a half hour without a cig if i dont stop dead by 50 if im lucky.Worst thing I ever did in my life was picking up cigs.

Last edited by a moderator:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
I tried quitting cold turkey and didnt work and i will not use the chantrix as it has way to many side effects and i wouldnt even consider it. As for it being a clutch im ok with it since it is alot safer then actually smoking. I will like to know from people who have used it. Did you end up quitting or are you relying on this now for your addiction?

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
I tried the ones they sell in 7-11 they were not bad but I smoked 2 a day so it was the same price as cigs so i never quit,I know people who smoke a lot less because of the e cig they can stretch a pack for a few days.I dont know anyone to actually quit and not use the e cig.Try out one of the disposable ones the one i had wasnt too far off from the real thing it had nicotine in a small amount too,it really does help with the smoking actions and the feel of the smoke.Even if you can train yourself to cut back the real ones using the e cig,thats a start and might lead into smoking even less then quitting all together.try it out we are slowly dieing from this habbit ne way.One of my friends quit for a few years using commit losenge,then his wife became prego and his dumb ass smokes again..My girl quit from having acute respitory failure and was in a coma for 11 days and woke up paralyzed from the neck down because of the sedation and muscle stoping drugs because of the ventilator,had to rehab in rusk nyu spent 6 weeks total in hospital..She was in coma on a ventilator and I went downstairs to smoke when she was in hospital,goes to show the power of this stupid addiction.IM telling my self to just try im gonna set a date and patch it up.Just keep trying.

Last edited:

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I tried quitting cold turkey and didnt work and i will not use the chantrix as it has way to many side effects and i wouldnt even consider it. As for it being a clutch im ok with it since it is alot safer then actually smoking. I will like to know from people who have used it. Did you end up quitting or are you relying on this now for your addiction?

If you smoke cigarettes and are worried about the side effects of Chantix, perhaps you need to re-examine the side effects of the cigarettes. just sayin...

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
Ok, then here is the thing. You have NO idea what is in an e-cig. None. You have no idea what the long term effects of huffing PG or VG are. There are no real independent studies. You do know for a certainty that cigs can kill you, and you know that one way or the other Chantix made it past the FDA and is produced by a large company under the scrutiny of regulators.

As for the success rate of e-cigs, how could you possibly assess that with the 5 or 10 comments you get on a site about fish keeping.

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
If you smoke cigarettes and are worried about the side effects of Chantix, perhaps you need to re-examine the side effects of the cigarettes. just sayin...

haha, you win. I had a friend that said he had a dream that he literally skinned his mother alive and watched her die. And it was as real as anything.

e-cigs are bs. I +1 whoever said they just further your addiction.

I smoked 1/2 pck a day and just quit one day. Four years later I dont even think about smoking, even when drinking.

I do enjoy a cigar once a week or once every other week. Just dont inhale :D

beastium

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
E cigs are so much better health wise. They "never end" so u may end up having more nicotine, but ur also not stuck finishing a whole cigs worth of pulls.

I say definitely get e cigs and give ur lungs a break. *or quit*
I've been using e cigs and switchin off w real cigs. S***s a trip.. gotta stop

Sent from my MB870 using Reefs

Last edited:

MatthewScars

Guns, Razors, Knives.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
But in all honesty, dont post about what cigs to buy. you will always get people that will just soap box you to quit (even if they are right and you are wrong). I mean, cmon, did you truly expect different results?

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Ok, then here is the thing. You have NO idea what is in an e-cig. None. You have no idea what the long term effects of huffing PG or VG are. There are no real independent studies. You do know for a certainty that cigs can kill you, and you know that one way or the other Chantix made it past the FDA and is produced by a large company under the scrutiny of regulators.

As for the success rate of e-cigs, how could you possibly assess that with the 5 or 10 comments you get on a site about fish keeping.

Because everything the FDA passes is safe i guess huh??? Once again im asking about success rate of quiting smoking with the ecig that is all. I know its hard to refrain when someone comments on your comment but please try. I want to know if anyone on here QUIT SMOKING USING THE E-CIG. Thank you :) LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: