Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Well just had city wide over and he pulled a bunch of roots out of my sewer drain and claims he felt 2 separations so he was $200 now I got another guy comming with the camera snake to see if I'm really up the creak and need to get a new liner or worse new pipe!
The drains work but r just little slow I had every sink running in the house and it seemed ok !
R they just trying to sell me work I don't need can I just snake it 1 time a yr

Waldi313

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Im a plumber I recommend camera see how bad it is if its only small cracks and can be cleaned well shouldn't be a problem if you maintain it once a year twice if needed dont recommend a liner but I know sewers are costly camera sewer than decide

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
Usually with the see snake you watch on the screen and they record it,you can pretty much see if the pipe is in bad shape to warrant a repair.If the guy is already gonna come to your house at least you will know for sure then its up to you when you wanna fix it

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
It depends on the way your house is set up if your storm drain ties into the san waste before the trap you could have problems with flooding issues if you have any fixtures in the basement or laundry drain in heavy rain you could get back ups. If not then you will notice something is wrong when the lowest toilet dont go down or slow when flushed,no big deal fix it when it caves in.Put away a few bucks a month if it lasts a few years you have a chunk of the repair money put away.

Yonkers28

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Deff use camera at least you see how bad it is.
Sometimes on certain jobs I use my sewer jet to clear roots out.
Deff don't do the lineing that's all crap. It will only work if the line is completly straight.
If there are no sags in the pipe and minor cracks you can just maintain it

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Matt..I had the same problem with my home.. I had to snake it once a year every spring by Citiwide also..I just decided to remove the large bushes in front of my home that were causing the problem..hasn't clogged since..over ten years now. See where the roots are ..he could tell you by just far out he cleans out...mine was about 15' so I knew it was the bushes and not the trees at the curb.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hi Mike I can always count on u for answers !!
Yes I'm def gonna have tree removed
The guy snaked line the day b4 camera guy came and there where still a ton of roots in 2 spots !
How bad was urs mike did they try and sell u liner?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: