Thavngr98

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I know there a quite a few UFC fans on here so I just felt it was my public duty to remind everyone that our own Chris Weidman will be taking on Anderson Silva this Sat. Got to a bar or watch it home but most of all lets show him some tri-state support! My thoughts on the fight. If Chris wins it will be in the first or second round. If it goes 3 or more he chances slim down.

Thavngr98

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Anderson is a beast but I'm hoping that the age difference will give Chris the advantage. I am friends with his cousin and Chris has been training hardcore for this fight. If Chris can get him on the ground I think he will win. The bad side of that is Andersons take down defense is sick.

ducati335i

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
178   0   1
Silva is amazing, he did almost lose twice.. He's sneaky, when he sees he is in trouble he has insane back up plans..
That guy chad? (forget his name) I'm bad w names would have beat him, but he decided to get fancy w the worlds best fighter!

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Anderson Silva is the best in the world, period... Its hard to bet against him when his last loss was over 7 years ago...He has been the champ for too long and has too many title defenses against better competition than Chris. Chris is talented and the future of the 185 pound division, but this fight is too soon for him. Anderson wins this fight easily.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
and people forget anderson silvia is also a black belt in ji jitsu sp ? he has just never needed to go to the ground to be tested cause he knocks dudes out at will

M

Moneymaks24

Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Its MMA not just wrestling, Mixed Martial arts.:wink1:

It's 90% wrestling or arm bending its so annoying. And what kind of sport has 50 title fights a year?! how many champs can u have. I rather watch Bum Fights DVDs. Lol

DeathValli

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Anderson is a beast but I'm hoping that the age difference will give Chris the advantage. I am friends with his cousin and Chris has been training hardcore for this fight. If Chris can get him on the ground I think he will win. The bad side of that is Andersons take down defense is sick.

I wouldnt say his take down defense is sick its solid, in the first Sonnen fight he was taken down with ease over and over and Sonnen's wrestling is no where near Weidman's. Anderson is the clear favorite I was shocked to see the betting line was soo low only has anderson -250. If its on the feet anderson picks him apart and stops weidman, if weidman can clinch anderson is going to the mat no question. Weidman has a good ground game so I think he fairs well with Silva on the ground. Interesting match up I think its closer then some people think I am hoping to see Weidman G&P him out with big elbows and have his hand raised but he def has his work cut out for him.

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
I wish Chris would have gotten a few more quality fights under his belt before taking on the best...I still like his chances and had to to take him to win..
BTW..I've been on this website for a few years now under the screen name The Terror...my favorite fighter....although I'm in a fight camp already maybe if we get enough guys we can have an all LI camp.
http://www.mmaplayground.com/

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hopefully Chris will bring the fight to anderson and go for a double leg out the gate. Anderson is a defensive fighter. He likes to counter. Thats his thing. He starts off slow and lets his opponent stretch his legs and get comfortable striking with him. He looks for an opening and goes for glory. His technique is excellent. Weidman better being the fight to him and go for takedowns. You cannot sit and bang with anderson. He is a muai thai fighter. Just think of Rich Franklin vs silva and what happend?

DeathValli

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I agree 100% those women would beat us down,I've boxed, fought in competitions. These people are no joke! Even the ones that look horrible. More like100%

+1 Ive trained before myself the women would pretty much kill any of us in here this is there life 6 days a week trying to make a living.

I am looking forward to the weigh in today and cant wait for the card tomorrow although Anderson in the favorite I am def. rooting for Weidman see what happens

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: