Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Sissies or Wimps, that is the jist of this thread.
Last week I planed to take a couple of guys out on the boat to a clam bar restaurant for clams on the half shell. It was actually their Idea.
(right near the Throgs Neck bridge)
So we are supposed to go today but there is a threat of thunderstorms so they are wimping out and now want to drive there by car.
That drives me crazy, especially for grown men to wimp out over something as stupid as rain.:mad:
My motto is "People always cancel" I mean "Thunderstorms" in New York? There are always threats of thinderstorms in the summer in New York. What do you want to do? Live forever!
It's a boat and you could get wet who cares?
There are very few real men any more. People are afraid of the dumbest things. I can see a little girl being afraid of thunderstorms and when I was 5 I was also probably afraid of thunderstorms, but now, I am only afraid of a very few things. If you point a gun at me, I am afraid, And when I worked and you wanted me to work overtime I was not only afraid, I was extreamly mad as my free time is worth way more to me that money.
I also love it when I go to lunch or dinner with one of these guys and they pick all sorts of things out of their plate, like onions, peppers, or if it is not the right kind of lettuce. Neither of these guys were in the Army and that is the problem. I always tell them that they should have been drafted and it would have cured them of all these little Girly problems. C-Rations don't have vegetables anyway. I will eat anything you can fit on my plate and it can't rain hard enough to scare me. In Viet Nam when it wasn't pouring during the monsoons, it was raining harder.
OK I am done, Have a great day and if you are a Girly Man, don't get caught in the rain. ;)

xobklynqt143

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98%
49   1   0
hahaha thats just like my husband, we were suppose to go water rafting for my birthday and he wanted to cancel bc of the rain(even though he would have gotten wet regardless!!) i laughed at him and just went with my brother(who was also complaining about the rain lol)

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Oh man, I've trying to get this of my chest for a while too.... There are so many "metrosexuals" nowadays, they don't eat carbs... Just organic meat and only certain cuts, they don't lift anything that seems heavy... If they drink beer is lite, they use more products than their girlfriends, they don't get their clothes dirty.... Where are the men ? I mean real men. I work with a bunch of girly guys as well. It pisses me OFF!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Hey Paul B, I would be happy to join you any time for raw clams in rain or shine boat or not. My father is a chef and I have tried all sorts of crazy stuff such as cow tongue, chicken hearts, liver, goat and the list continues... I kick myself in the a$$ pretty often for not joining the service. I really enjoy camping, hunting, fishing and the art of survival. I would like to get a group of men and hit the wilderness for a survival trip soon. I want to carry a knife, flint and 1 gallon of water. The rest is up to mother nature... These boys need to reach up there skirt and grab there balls. Only have 1 life to live. Do it.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I really enjoy camping, hunting, fishing and the art of survival. I would like to get a group of men and hit the wilderness for a survival trip soon. I want to carry a knife, flint and 1 gallon of water. The rest is up to mother nature...

Going out for clams on the half shell is not exactly the same as survival in the wilderness. I personally am not looking to survive in the wilderness any more. After the first 6 months in the monsoons while eating C Rations every day it loses it's glamor.

But you can come out for clams some day. :tongue1:

PS, you should join the Marines, they have plenty of that, and more.

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Over all , I believe that water has never killed anyone that didn't know how to swim , I'm a get dirty kind of guy , I love the woods and mud by the cave loads , getting dirty and smelly is why I became a man lol some people are too manicured and pampered !

Turn off the god dang iphone and grab a compass and become a man again fellas!!!

STHILL

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
This is a great thread...
Ive asked friends to come camping with us and the first thing they say is, umm like in a tent?...is there bugs?
Its funny ...i cant get enough of being outdoors, love the woods...im so glad my wife and kids love it too

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
...went out for blues and stripers the other night out of Port Washington...it rained so hard it diluted my beer and put out my cigar....I was soaked all night and stood on the bow to get aired dried...saw a shark in our chum and a perfect full arch rainbow...had a great time!

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
...saw a shark in our chum and a perfect full arch rainbow...had a great time!
Where did you see a shark in Port Washington? I am boating there for 40 years and only seen a couple of small sand sharks while diving.

I'm a get dirty kind of guy , I love the woods and mud by the cave loads , getting dirty and smelly is why I became a man lol some people are too manicured and pampered !

Turn off the god dang iphone and grab a compass and become a man again fellas!!!

I know all about rain, mud and rats, doesn't bother me at all. No wimps here

Was the rainbow pretty?

Beautiful, I bet.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
So this morning I went for a physical and I had a chest X Ray. The girl who took the X Ray went into the adjoining room to look at the film. I heard her say.
OMG, this is something I never want to see on an X Ray.

So I said, (OK yelled) is everything OK?. She said it's fine, there is a problem with the machine, not you.

Thats like once we were returning from a trip to Florida which is like a 3 hour flight. 4 hours into the flight the pilot says we are approaching JFK airport. In the meanitme, me being a New Yorker knew that we were circling it for 2 hours. It was in the midst of a huge storm. So it went quiet for an hour then he came on to say we were circling Albany which is about 200 miles north of New York City. Then he comes on to say that we are going to land in Albany, But this plane is to large for this airport. That is the first thing I don't particularly want to hear on a plane that flew 200 miles past where we were supposed to land. The stewardesses ran out of food, water, soda, and Diapers (which is the worst) So after circling Albany for an hour the pilot comes on to say that the tower will not give him permission to land but we are running out of fuel and will land anyway. That is another thing I was not quite ready to hear. I am a Manly man and these things don't bother me but there were a lot of Sissies on that flight who thought they would live forever.
But I feel the Captain was wrong. I mean, if you have to crash, then crash, but keep it to yourself. The people on the flight will find about it when they watch the news that night. :smokin:

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
Hey Paul B, I would be happy to join you any time for raw clams in rain or shine boat or not. My father is a chef and I have tried all sorts of crazy stuff such as cow tongue, chicken hearts, liver, goat and the list continues... I kick myself in the a$$ pretty often for not joining the service. I really enjoy camping, hunting, fishing and the art of survival. I would like to get a group of men and hit the wilderness for a survival trip soon. I want to carry a knife, flint and 1 gallon of water. The rest is up to mother nature... These boys need to reach up there skirt and grab there balls. Only have 1 life to live. Do it.

Chicken heart, cow tongue, liver, goat. My mom made me that for dinner when I was a kid. Lol. Loved them!

Not saying you didn't eat crazy stuff or not a manly man. I was just a funny short list. reminded me of my childhood. Pig knuckles, ducks feet, stomach lining, yum.

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Chicken heart, cow tongue, liver, goat. My mom made me that for dinner when I was a kid. Lol. Loved them!
My family owned a fish business so we basically are seafood. When I would bring a lobster to school for lunch, the teachers would trade me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for it, and I thought I was getting a bargain. We ate lobster and shrimp like that guy from Forest Gump. Boiled lobster, fried lobster, saut?ed lobster, poached lobster, lobster and peanut butter and jelly etc. I hated lobster, and still do. But I eat any other type of seafood and do every day. I never ordered a steak in my life and I go out to eat a few times a week. If they don't have saltwater seafood, I don't eat there. It helps living on an Island on the sea.
I had an Uncle that would take me for walks on the beach. I called them walks, he called them lunch because he would eat anything on the sand that moved, raw.
The guy lived to be about 90 and never saw a doctor, dentist (or paid taxes) in his life.

STHILL

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Wow wife and kids your lucky

Yup they love being outdoors ...
My son, and wife last weekend
uploadfromtaptalk1373563913318.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: