Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Motorcycles aren't a joke.. just wanted to share a story. A close friend of mine , who is 22 years old, just passed away. He was riding with a couple friends and he fell of his bike, unfortunately unable to make it though. May he rip. Just another reminder how life isn't a joke and driving any sort of vehicle can be detrimental if not done properly :frown:

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
RIP sorry to hear man. I'm sorry for your loss. I just sold my bike this season. I rode on and off since 2001. Lost a few friends and some with serious injuries.

It's a dangerous lifestyle and many drivers are irresponsible. I hope everyone rides safe especially in the NYC area.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Very sorry for your loss may your friend rip his family and friends are in my prayers.

I do ride a motorcycle and take it very seriously. There is a time and place to let loose and that is the track yet the streets can be very dangerous even when doing everything seemingly right. All-The-Gear-All-The-Time (ATGATT) should be taken serious!

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Thanks everyone. I personally will never set foot on a motorcycle. It hurts to know a close one passed away at such a young age ( ). My parents are always telling me driving isn't a joke and today I realized they were right.

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Just got back from the funeral, it was rough. What they say happened was that e held the front break to save his friend, he fell ad the bike landed on him. He was a great kid and one who I will never forget. Motorcycles are dangerous no matter how much gear you wear it's not worth the risk since your out in the open as opposed to a car

Rating - 100%
227   0   0
responded to a fire call a few nights ago. 3 guys racing their bikes 3AM on the NSP and one lost control. he had helmet & full leather gear. parts & fluids leaked at least 150 ft across 3 lanes into the shoulder. luckily the NSP had very little traffic. he looked shaken up, but OK.

sorry for you loss.

BaaMNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
324   0   0
responded to a fire call a few nights ago. 3 guys racing their bikes 3AM on the NSP and one lost control. he had helmet & full leather gear. parts & fluids leaked at least 150 ft across 3 lanes into the shoulder. luckily the NSP had very little traffic. he looked shaken up, but OK.

sorry for you loss.

Wow lucky guy. It doesn't matter how far you slide. It's how hard when you actually hit something.

The gear probably saved his life or definitely a lot of skin at the very least.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: