D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Looking for some advice for purchasing a kayak. For now it's going to be used in canals and in the bay. Nothing serious. But with so many models sizes and price points figured I'd ask for some pointers pre purchase.

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All depends on how much you want to spend. If you are looking for a touring kayak look for something that is not just a flat bottom. Flat is stable but does not track well in the water. Flat is harder to keep on line and will be harder to move in water. Try to find a touring kayak with a bit of a v hull. It will be easier to handle in the water and requires less of a stroke to move. Length is the other thing. You can get anything from 8' to 16'. Traditionally touring type are smaller. I have a 10' shed so I wanted something I could store in my shed. You also have to consider how you will transport it. Car top or whatever so weight is also consideration. Hope this helps if you have any specific questions let me know.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: