JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Vincent G Halloran.

I think about you often Lieu. That morning ended the age of "normal" days for me and the others around you. I was lucky enough to work with you, to be your probie, to learn from you. I was lucky to have gotten to know you even for a short time and until the end of my career in February of last year you were my favorite boss to work with. I will ALWAYS remember on the night tour of the set prior to the 11th you cooking your 20 year meal and how uncomfortable it was to be the probie with the LT. cooking for him!! Will never in my life forget that meal- roasted pork tenderloin. With shrimp scampi. I can see the pork loin in the roasting pan now as I type this like its in front of me and see you melting the butter and adding the parsley into the frying pan for the shrimp. I remember your joke as we sat down to eat and celebrate your 20 years and you said "well, I'm working for 1/2 pay now". I don't want attention or praise for that day and what I and we had to do I just felt like giving some reading this a little insight from a probie of yours and that you weren't just a great man at home you were a great man at work and to all around you. You sent us out of the building that day in the lobby after ascending 31 floors in the north tower, realizing everyone that could get out and that we could get to was out and descending those 31 by orders of the chiefs. When we encountered Josephine Harris on the way down, helped her down 10 or so floors before 33 engine took her from us and ultimately 6 truck taking her from 33. Until your last minute you cared more about us and the other people around you than yourself. We were only separated once that day. When we started to evacuate from the lobby. Your brave and unwavering exterior saying" go ahead guys I'll be right behind you". I have since wished everyday that you pop into my mind where you went, what you did and hoped you were not alone and were surrounded by brothers faces you were familiar with in your last minutes. One day when my time comes to and end here on this earth I will hopefully be upstairs, not down and will be able to ask you face to face, get the answer, give you a hug and see your smiling face again. RIP LT. I am honored to say I knew you.

Peace be to you as you look down on your your family and guide them through life like I know you will.

These were the types of people lost that terrible day- DO NOT FORGET THEM AND LET THEM HAVE DIED IN VEIGN!!! They did too much for too many to disrespect them!!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: