saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
9/11 memories

I will never forget that morning, it was like the city was overtaken by a fear that spun a fast web that slowly twirled us around in pain and a very strong sense of disbelief .

Honey the twin towers have fallen my wife says to me ! And I never took a deeper swallow and the phone in my hand never felt colder as I left my job to walk the sidewalk that I now feared trying to get home .

Tv channels made it all too real to me as my VCR recorded tape after tape making the proofs of this nations pain and my own past that I ponder whether or not to someday show my kids or grandchildren.

Sometime that day I recalled my little daughter so innocent as a baby could be, playing with her toys , safe from all that's happened this day, I whispered under my breath , someday my little girl I will tell you about today and it will just be a history lessons homework.!

Till this present day I feel that numbness when I think of september 11th and how I felt for those lost and their families and how I still picture endless firefighters and rescue workers working with white faces of dust and dirt and how they all had the towers symbolicly drawn down there faces by two tears that Made a line down each cheek.

Many years have passed and I am still remembering asking why now, why us and mostly when is it ok for life to continue ?. I miss those towers and I miss the tranquility of my soul before this happened , before my city cried and seemed empty as the storm drains overflowed with tears and the sun took hours to come down as my tv put me to sleep showing ground zero footage to the heart wrenching chorus " in the arms of an angel.

The days that followed dropped away far from my minds clock never to return in emotion or memory as families and friends connected endlessly the lost relatives and friends. tears and crying out would become the hearts food for weeks to come as the nights seemed to last forever in lower manhattan as we waited aimless and tired waiting for a single rescue but that rescue never happened , the rescue of our souls also never happened.

My last memory was that of me thinking how I didn't know anybody who died that day , but a month later I realized I was wrong I did lose a great friend and this writing is dedicated to the life , spirit and memory of marlyn carmen Garcia may you live on as gracefully in heaven as you do in our hearts.

Sleep well we miss you.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: