Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0

Unless of course I'm reading this incorrectly.....then we're just having a lively discussion about our rights online.

We do have a lively discussion about our rights online. So far we have many interesting opinions from many angles.

When I said even the plaintiffs have to be of some what financially capable because civil case lawyers are paid by the plaintiffs unlike criminal cases. For example, the Visa/Master case may have costed the plaintiffs millions of dollars for just signing the retainer before even submitting any motion.

This topic worth our attention because the internet technology and popularity spread much faster than law making process. Personal data become commodities between companies which they sell for money, almost without limitations. For general public who cannot easily raise millions of dollars to fight is at a very bad position right from the start. Lately, I think Change.org and similar websites provide a very good platform for the "underdog" to have a chance to fight back, even though sometimes I feel they spamming me a bit. LOL

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
First of all, unless he's entering credentials to their site, or has software installed on his devices that transmit data, it is impossible for a website to collect data like you described. (Unless the site belongs to the NSA)

Second, if you continue to be vague about the circumstances that you're trying to get answers / opinions on, the answers / opinions will be equally vague and not mean anything to anyone.

Did you get banned from eBay for a ToS violation?

In fact, I do not really want a specific answer because 1) the correct answer is too legally inclined which can be defined only in court and 2)I just want to hear all the possible views in this topic for brain storming. Therefore, I do know this thread is going to be a free form wandering type discussion.

What trigger my questions are from a year of events from many people and many areas of work I am involved in. There are couple persons and small companies in my community want to bring a law suite against them but I personally feel we will fail because we don't have the money to start the suit. One part of our issues-charging processing charge and refusal to work with certain banks, happened to be answered by the recent Visa/Master case settlement.

Talking about eBay, they still owes me money LOL.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: