E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Any college football fans on here? I know it's NYC and we have 456893 pro teams (not just football), but college is getting more interesting to me.

I find myself watching more college than Pro lately (especially because the only true Pro NY team gets zero coverage here :D).

So, anyone else watch college football? Who do you like? (Notre Dame is my team, and has been since I was born).

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
ND is my team too ever since I saw them play Army at Yankee stadium in '69...with them you never know what team will show up from week to week..last year I thought they would play the Tide tougher than that and it was embarrassing. This year it looks like the Tide again.. I thought Oregon may have a chance, but Stanford slapped them...Florida St or Ohio St may give them a game ...

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Mike, excellent choice. ND has been somewhat unpredictable. Reese bears a good amount of responsibility though. IMO. They're still ranked number 23.

And yes, they were slapped around by 'Bama last year. That was a tough game to watch.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Prefer college sports in general, but football and basketball far and away most popular. Bama, but that was due to a friend going to school in bama-he didn't play, but gave me a different perspective and made games interesting to watch. I don't mind ND, I enjoy listening to mike and mike in morning so ND is alright too. I'm a Giants fan, anything is better this year!

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0

I like 'Cuse basketball. I went to Le Moyne college (10 minutes from SU) when 'Melo played and they won the national championship. That was a lot of fun. SU Football.. Not so much. Lol sorry.

Always have liked college football more. Guess it's a midwest thing. I'm a huge Michigan State fan. Sure i'll catch a bit from you ND fans, but I'm a graduate from MSU

As long as you're not an Ohio State fan, I'm fine. Lol. Even though michigan state is a rival of ND, I don't hate them as much as Ohio State.

The Stanford-Oregon game was fun to watch last night. Stanford is going to give ND quite a hard time in a few weeks. :grumpy:

FaviaFreak

Aquarium Village
Rating - 93.6%
44   3   0
Gator Nation

Attachments

• 8x5.jpg
    8x5.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 166

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
If you live in the NYC Metro area and just happen to like a consistently championship-level team from the South, post up the reasons. Or we'll be forced to ask you what's your seat number on the Bama bandwagon? :D

Last edited:

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you live in the NYC Metro area and just happen to like a consistently championship-level team from the South, post up the reasons. Or we'll be forced to ask you what's your seat number on the Bama bandwagon? :D

I am proud to report that I have paid for four years of tuition for my son to Graduate from UA. I have been in Tuscaloosa on game day and have watched more games seated in Bryant-Denny Stadium then in any "tri-state" arena. So I believe my Crimson resume will pass the test.
Roll Tide!!

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This year my concern is Auburn. They never need a reason to get up for the Iron Bowl. I don't think the Auburn D is good enough to hold off AJ and the bama offense. But truth is that game scares me. After that, Florida looks good but I think this Alabama team gets better each game. I'm glad the ducks lost but I would love to have seen the Tide destroy their "high flying offense". About last year, I think I posted here after the game, "I'd rather be good then Lucky". Sorry

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I enjoyed seeing the ducks go down in Oregon. They just gave up and quit. Best game I saw this weekend was LSU taking down A&M.

Last edited:

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
So some college analysts are saying fsu qb may have flushed his sure fire heismann trophy down drain with his "sexual assault" situation that he may or may not have been involved or maybe consensual relations...... With that said and Johnny football getting a "L" no standouts emerge: more than one has suggested mccarron gets it
He certainly has played well in big games, just not gaudy numbers across the board. What do you guys think? I missed this entire weekend of football bc I was working

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AJ would have to have two BIG games this weeks against Auburn and then the SEC championship game. I don't think they will take a chance on FSU QB. That leaves Manziel. They only gave it to the same guy once in the history of the Heisman. I don't think they like to do that unless they have no other option. All that said if AJ can come up big in the next two games and he is looking at his third National title game I think he has a shot. I wouldn't say front runner but a good shot. Roll Tide Roll

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: