E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
As the title states-- Does anyone on Long Island or in the greater NYC area still mod their cars?

I was thinking about doing some mods to my VW, (wheels, an ECU tune, and a few others) and while driving around, noticed that almost no one had any visible mods. No wheels or anything noticeable anyway. Maybe it's because there are tons of luxury cars but what's the deal?

If you have a modded car, post it up! Pics would be great.....

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I actually see a decent amount of modded VW's around me and driving around. Mostly GTi's for the most part, but they're all around. There are a lot of modded cars of every make.

I am in Nassau as well.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Does a Mod's car count?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 131

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Wow really ??? In brooklyn I see modded maximas and Hondas all day, just the other day I saw a really nice wrx with old school konigs and some really nice blow off valves riding alongside me on the bqe near northern blvd it's still pretty common .

Haha well yeah you see those two cars everywhere modded. WRX/STI and EVO's are cool except for the big wings. I am not a fan of the spoilers the size of a park bench on them. I live right at the Nassau Suffolk border.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Haha well yeah you see those two cars everywhere modded. WRX/STI and EVO's are cool except for the big wings. I am not a fan of the spoilers the size of a park bench on them. I live right at the Nassau Suffolk border.

I'm not a fan of huge wings either. Always called those cars lawn mowers.

I bought my car a year ago and I'm already wishing I had bought the GLI... Welp......

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I'm not a fan of huge wings either. Always called those cars lawn mowers.

I bought my car a year ago and I'm already wishing I had bought the GLI... Welp......

Honestly don't know much about VW's since I personally don't have much interest in them. But I do know you will always wish you bought some other car lol. Doesn't matter what you bought. I love Audi's however, would love if they brought back the RS4 to the states.

I test drove a 335is a few months ago, man that thing was fun to drive. Nice delivery of its torque.

The CTS-V is one of my favorites as well. Looking forward to seeing how the ATS-V is. Honestly I am unsure about the newest designs by caddy, I HATE the interior Cue unit they use.

I really need to pass the CPA so I can start working and get myself a new vehicle lol.

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
^ true about always wanting to buy other cars. The GLI is essentially the GTI version of the Jetta. I bought the SE. Nice car but it's too slow. The 335is is nice. Too much $$ for me though :D

...my wife and I closed on our house the day before I bought this car, and I had been in an accident prior to that. Because of those two issues, I just wanted an inexpensive, safe, (somewhat boring) daily driver. Now that the accident is over a year ago and we have owned the house for almost that long, I have been thinking about upgrading.

The thing about the MK VI Jettas (the newest version) is that they're so clean looking and with tasteful mods they can look sick.

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
^ true about always wanting to buy other cars. The GLI is essentially the GTI version of the Jetta. I bought the SE. Nice car but it's too slow. The 335is is nice. Too much $$ for me though :D

...my wife and I closed on our house the day before I bought this car, and I had been in an accident prior to that. Because of those two issues, I just wanted an inexpensive, safe, (somewhat boring) daily driver. Now that the accident is over a year ago and we have owned the house for almost that long, I have been thinking about upgrading.

The thing about the MK VI Jettas (the newest version) is that they're so clean looking and with tasteful mods they can look sick.

Yeah but it also needs to be taken into consideration if you would be overspending based on your usage. Personally I am most likely never going to be taking a car to a track so there is almost no point in me getting such a fast machine. Better off getting a fun/quick, reliable daily driver. Unless of course you just have disposable income! But that disposable income will be taking away from this hobby..haha

E.intheC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Yeah but it also needs to be taken into consideration if you would be overspending based on your usage. Personally I am most likely never going to be taking a car to a track so there is almost no point in me getting such a fast machine. Better off getting a fun/quick, reliable daily driver. Unless of course you just have disposable income! But that disposable income will be taking away from this hobby..haha

True that. Also, hobby money and car money come out of the same account :banghead:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: