nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
So we're considering a big move, to get away from the stress of city living. Looking to go somewhere warmer and with a slower pace of life that what we currently have living in NYC. We've both spent 25+ years in NYC and it's not what we want long term. We were planning on doing this sometime in the future (5-10 years from now) but something like this seems like it will only get harder with time.

I'm looking for advice, pointers, etc from people that have actually made big moves.

I know there's a lot involved, selling house, finding jobs, finding a place to live, moving furniture, animals, etc.

Thanks,
Kris

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
NYC is the best place to make a living. Anywhere else is extremely tough unless you have family/friend hook up for a career. I've known to many people that have tried to go to Florida or south corolina to just come back 5 years later because there was little or no work. Many people would love to do what your thinking of doing but with a wife and I'm sure you thinking of children it's very hard. I would say to try and find a nice suberb around the area either in jersey westchester or LI.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ok as a non new york native. it is no harder to find work in any other major city then it is new york, as far as pay goes plan to make 10% plus less else where in most states more in some lss in other's. now do realize other then a few major cities cost of living is much less especially housing. now i am from the midwest indiana and ohio so i will say this with a grain of salt, my wife is always shocked at how different the mannerism is outside of ny, lol people say hi to you and ask how you are doing and hold doors open for people. i cant wait for my daughter to graduate so i can move back myself. weather is basically the same there as here. kentucky is pretty nice also carolina's used to be decent priced before all the new yorkers decided to move there now prices have went up. btw in refferance to coming to westchester, it is not cheap up here and we have the mountains so snow is more of a issue

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: