Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Today my wife had a Gamma Knife treatment for trigeminal neuralgia which is called the suicide pain because a few years ago all you could do was kill yourself as the pain is to great to bear. 5% of the people with MS get it and my wife has MS. The Gamma Knife is usually used for brain tumors but in her case they used it to partially damage the trigeminal nerve that transmits pain signals in your mouth and face to your brain. It is not a knife but a pinpoint radiation device that they use for the procedure. The procedure itself is not painful. We left our house at 4:30 this morning to get to the hospital in Manhattan at 5:30 for the procedure. They numb your scalp with laidacane because they screw this frame into your scalp, then clamp you into like a MRI machine for the procedure. It takes about an hour and you don't know if it will work for 3 or 4 months during that time, you are still in pain. Now she is home and just nausious and can't lift her head. But I hope she is feeling better tomorrow and that the pain subsides in a few weeks. Thank God they have at least something to help people with this.

karenvas3

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Paul, I hope all goes well. My mother too has MS and it is painful to see how much pain she is in. Imagine what she feels? I hope the pain subsides. My thoughts are with you both.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I wish you guys the very best. My mother had that done last year. She getting SO MUCH pain in her face and jaw. The procedure didn't work for her. They said at least you should feel about 75% better. After a few months she in more pain. More Drugs that hardly work any more. She so drugged she sleeps alot during day because of pain. Hope your wife has more success. The sad part she went back to doctor and he said he can't do ANYTHING ELSE FOR PAIN. Each case is different and each doctor is different. SO don't take this in a negative way. Wishing you guys the best.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Paul B, My Mother doesn't have MS. She felt pretty good after surgery. But 2months she was sorry she had it done. She is in a lot of pain. Some days are not as bad but theirs more bad days. She can't sleep and all those pills is screwing her up more. But Hopeful they release marijuana that's just for pain. She is waiting for that. That is her only hope for pain. It looks very good. It's legal in Denver with great success. So if operation is not successful maybe you can look in that direction. Hope things work out. When she gets it I can tell you how it's working if your interested.

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Paul, please give your beautiful wife a hug, and a kiss for me! Please let her know that she is in my prayers! As so are you!! I know how much you love your wife, and therefore I can imagine how you must be feeling. Pain in any form can be so darn debilitating physically as well as mentally! Worse when the doctors tell you there is nothing that they can do to help. :( In the end all we can do is have faith in God, and pray that He will have mercy on us!
God, as our ultimate healer please hear our pleads! Take this pain away, and restore health were the enemy has stolen it. Give Paul the strength, and wisdom on how to help his wife in the best possible way! In Jesus' precious name I pray. Amen

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: