evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
How many have successfully done it without killing each other or gotten into an argument? It was ok while in a parking lot but today we went out and literally almost hit 2-4 cars. I think we stayed out too long and started to frustrate me. I am not a person who can tolerate not understanding a set of instructions after being told numerous times.

First time out around the block and she would wait for cars 4-5 blocks down to pass. She would stop for all turns instead of turning in 1 smooth motion and killed me with her stops and go. I felt like I was in there with an old Chinese lady. No offense but 90+% are pretty bad.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I never fight with my wife except for when she drives and I'm the passenger. It's a no win situation. Save yourself the stress and have someone else teach her :D

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
yeah. I wanted to teach her as much beforehand before she gets the student driver portion. We plan to do the student driver but we have a lot of time before her scheduled road test and if she could start driving to work while I fall asleep. That would be awesome too.

I was pretty laxed until she started almost hitting the cars and going way too fast into turns, failing to signal plus waiting for 10 minutes before making a turn.

akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Definetely best way is to hire one of the driving classes. Fairly cheap and they are extremely patient. If you teach and don't have patience might get her more nervous when she drives.

Evil_Demos

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I've taught my mom, two sisters and one God sister. Have two daughters that are little and dreading the day that I have to teach them. After my mom I learned the trick to it... be drunk when you teach them... and use a fairly new car. I know you guys will be like hell no! But trust me it's easier on you and them... old cars are harder and have little quirks that they will not be used to. My two cents.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Mine came already trained.
I can't drive anywhere with her in her own vehicle. She actually nags at me to avoid what I think are imaginary pot-holes...so if we have to go someplace...it has to be my car.
Save yourself the trouble and pay for lessons.

Clink51

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
do you still have the EVO? if so that may be your problem. shes trying to hard to be Tokyo Drift and not enough of Driving Mrs Daisy lol. seriously though, mine, like Oh207, came pre trained. best bet is to pay someone to teach her

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
She would NEVER touch my EVO before, after, during or my next life. No one touches the evo except for my specific mechanics.

I am waiting 2 more years and I'm going to completely break it down and get it ready for Time Attack Enthusiast setup. I would love to keep it street legal at the very grey line for the summer weekends and ready to go for the track days.

So nope she'll never get to touch the evo. I am hoping to pick up Zuska's M35x if it is in good condition or by a dealer.

Thanks guys. She's definitely getting a company to help but until then I'll have to limit the amount of time out on the road. After X amount of time I got pretty frustrated/bored. I probably should keep it at 1 hour and rotate with someone to sit in there with her.

I got my license after I got in the navy and literally took my driving test after maybe 1 hour of driving on the road. I literally bought my car (stick) before I got my license and once I got my license, me and a friend went to a parking lot to show me how to drive it. All honesty, took me 20 minutes to learn and off on the road I went. I drove from Norfolk, VA - Jersey that weekend and back.

Hence why I get frustrated at bad drivers and not teaching yourself how to fix things that you mess up on. If you have problems making a left turn, do it until you get it right and understand the mistakes you did. ahhhhhhhhhh!

/endrant

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I was hoping she would drive like that so she would stop giving me problems with my EVO. If she opened up more about my evo modding than I would drop my tank in a heart beat and setup my dream EVO.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: