Ariel110G

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
So, for a living I?m in the optical industry for the past 10 years, I am a lens manufacture and distributor (lenses for glasses) in the pastfew years? studies has shown that Blue UV rays from computer and especially from smart phone are harmful to the human eye causing Macular Degeneration.
?Ultra-violet and Blue Light Ultra-violet light is thatportion of the spectrum of invisible light below 286nm to 400nm, and isgenerally understood to be harmful to the eye?
https://www.macular.org/ultra-violet-and-blue-light
In this hobby that we are in, with the lights on the tanks we have I?m sure we are exposed to a lot more than the average person.
In the past 6 months come lens companies have develop lenses that cut down the Blue harmful UV rays almost down to 0 I believe, I got some samples in the office on how it works.
I?m posting this not to make $ by selling lenses, you can go to your local optical store for that, but just to lets you guys know about it

Attachments

• WP_20150625_006.jpg
    WP_20150625_006.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:

bizzarro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been using a computer since 1993 in HS and had a tube monitor up until 2003 or 2004. My job is in the IT industry so I'm glued to a monitor all the time and when I was playing games back then in front of a CRT monitor and TV. Haven't had a need to wear glasses.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Been using a computer since 1993 in HS and had a tube monitor up until 2003 or 2004. My job is in the IT industry so I'm glued to a monitor all the time and when I was playing games back then in front of a CRT monitor and TV. Haven't had a need to wear glasses.

do your eyes look like your avatar yet? :bigeyes:

$pit

broke wanna-be ecoreefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i've noticed disclaimers that nonphotosynthetic species that glow under blue/blacklight should not be exposed to such just to bring out their colors visually (fish, insects, etc)
cuz it would be exposing them to radiation..

so im more concerned about looking at blue tank light especially up close.. ie everytime im servicing my current tank/tubs under actinics cant help but notice all those DOTS DANCING AROUND..

how come we see DOTS DANCING AROUND when lookin at actinics, anyways?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: